Mitchell's Creek Sunny corner

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was no ill intention and I'm not naming shaming any particular group when it comes to rubbish being left behind its up to the individual and the respect they have for the environment. All I was merely trying to say to the members on this forum is to be mindful not to leave rubbish behind and if possible if you spot a bit of crap out there and your able to pack it outta there and put in a bin at home.... I don't care if i give away spots everyone knows sunny corner holds gold but not many people are going to put in the hard yards to get the decent bits that are out there people say it's flogged i disagree with that there is still plenty out there... as to name and shame particular people for giving away locations thats not in the spirit of what this is all about. People give information on here and online on locations so people that are willing to give it a bit of crack have a starting point on an area its then up to the individual to explore the area get to know what the creek and rivers do in flood and how they deposit the gold and get an understanding of where the gold actually comes from.. It took me 4 trips to Sunny Corner when I first started going out there to find my first fly poo spec.. That's nearly 150 dollars in fuel to head out there from sydney and back.. I wouldn't have even known where to look out there if it wasn't for information provided by others its not as if people give away an x marks the spot..sunny corner is a big place , Mitchell's creek is a big creek.. there are plenty of people that are just trying to help others that are struggling with finding a bit especially when your only new to the game. So if we can not put crap on people that are only merely trying to help others that would be great you can"t point the finger at anyone except those that leave the rubbish behind. In future im not going to bother posting locations or the story behind the find.... it will just be a few pics in alluvial show and tell from now on. Its really disheartening that I bring up an issue that we all face and ask that we all do our bit and people just want to blame other prospectors... The old timers that stuck by and defended their fellow prospectors in their day would be disgusted at singling out one person and saying they are to blame.. people need to rethink the problem and what the root cause is.. It's not somebody saying there is gold here or gold there its the minority of individuals out in the field that couldnt care less... ill defend anybody that is willing to give information to help others, its a disgrace that they can be blamed for something that they have no control over .. Adventure Gold has recognised that there is an issue with people leaving rubbish behind so thanks to the minority he won't be giving away locations or names of creeks anymore to help people as per the usual story the minority screws the majority yet again...

I live close by and know a good portion of the forest and where the fire trails and single trails go. I can tell you that it's not just anyone prospecting out there leaving all the rubbish. Go into Mary's Camp and follow the fire trail that heads north and bends left around the trees and leads down towards the river. I can guarantee you've never seen so much trash in your life in the forest on the left.

Similarly, around the area known as the Arboretum there's rubbish left everywhere. While rubbish is certainly more likely to be attributed to fossickers around the rivers, there is still a significant portion of people who go out there that don't fossick. Pretty much anyone camping out there leaves shit on the ground, you've got people who ride motorbikes out there, theres always lots of 4wd clubs out there, people go out there fishing for trout and I've even seen people hiking out there. There's also a big influx of people out there over winter whenever it snows. Then there's the dickheads from Bathurst who drive 40km out there to dump rubbish in behind the prison camp (and are dumb enough to throw mail out there with names and addresses on it). The list goes on - furniture, kitchen utensils, cars, plastic, general waste and even astro turf ??? (I don't understand why someone would dump that).

Unfortunately, there will always be dickheads who trash the place.

headbut said:
Well now Andrew doesn't tell the spots anymore due to the fact people are trashing them
About time !!!
Regardless of wether trash is left or not , i have seen first hand peaceful out of the way places that would have provided years of happy fossicking become raped in a matter of weeks by people , and the extent of earth moved it isnt the run of the mill week end fossicker..
Wal and Liz happily gave areas but never pinpointed exact spots.

isolation said:
Tathradj said:
But then I thinks to meself,
WTF am I doing walking around a gold field full of
freaking snakes and big deep holes.

I better digest that one. :(

More exciting than paying to walk around hitting a little white ball with a stick :D

No - Sinus disagrees with that :eek:
Golf number 1 :clap: :clap: :perfect: :heart: :beer: :beer:
Gold number two :beer: :pickshovel: :goldpan: :beer:

It's amazing what gold will do to the greedy hearted.
That is why I don't post as much as I used to.
Mention a place and sure enough it will be pillidged big time, nature of the beast I guess.
If posting pics make sure to turn off the gps setting on phone or camera.
Seen it time and time again.
Cheers
Brad

I visited the Adventure Gold you tube site the other night and heard the message from Andrew, don't blame him one bit for not telling where he visits , the losers are the newbies to the fossicking past time and even us experienced gold hunters. Andrew not only shared a wealth of knowledge on the crevicing prospecting aspect of fossicking but also how gold behaves in the river environment, we shall still get that but not the locations, don't blame him one bit. The other day I called in to a boat ramp interested in what the fishos were cleaning, a bucket load of decent sized flathead, do you think they would narrow down the location "out there mate" " its a pretty big lake" I used to share information like that but don't anymore

A lot of People have changed veiws with environmental education, even with catch and release fishing.
But there will always be scum bags leaving there rubbish behind. That will never change sadly.
Go out deep into the Hargraves common, and you will see a massive amounts of rubbish, dating back to the early 70's
So I do not beleive it is recent newbie prospectors doing this.
But just trends of new influx of people to certain areas.

These scumbags are dumping there rubbish are ALWAYS doing where ever they go reguardless.
Andy feels annoyed for basically inviting them out to his spot, and was totally let down by a few.

100 people who take there rubbish with them could go out to an area, and you would hardly know of their visit after.
1 person who visits an are and dumps there rubbish .......
And the 100 people see it!

From just one scumbag!
Untill someone picks it up.

A spot where I go was relatively unknown in the online world. Then someone slipped up and mentioned the location. What was a pristine spot with no rubbish at all suddenly had beer cans etc. Not everywhere, but enough to be annoying. Just pick up your stuff and take it with you, it's not that hard.

Its amazing how grubby some people can be
Just look at any public park after an event
!! SHIT EVERYWHERE !! :mad:
If they can leave it in an open public park.... no wonder they leave it in the bush
Just selfish pigs !
What can you do ?
Theyre out there !

Anyway, moving on to the topic, well done on the gold find, looks great.
Good to some rubbish removed also, we don't go out to the scrub to be garbos, but it gives you a lot of satisfaction after it is cleaned up.
To the original people out there who dumped the rubbish (doubt that they are reading this) it takes a cuppla minutes to pick the mess up and take home.

I like the slugs in your pan, need to head on out myself. All On my way! Usual haunts are slowly dwindling away, either being closed or being sold off, we are a dying breed.

Cheers and happy hunting :goldnugget: :goldpan:
Brad

Latest posts