Gday All....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Only new to the game...Just brought a GP 3500 Running a 350mm Coiltek, with a B&Z Booster. Anyways been out a fair bit lately scratching around BlackWood area and havent struck any gold yet, just a load of bullet shells and just junk! Not sure if settings arent right or doing something wrong, Ive been listening to the different sounds and picking at small signals but nothing... Anyways any advice on settings or places to go would be great. :Y: :goldnugget: :goldpan: Cheers :beer:

Welcome.....Just to give you an idea.....you'll probably dig 100 bullets to every little piece of gold or worse! If you're finding lead buckshot and other stuff your detector will ping if you walk over some gold....

If I had a dollar for every bullet/buckshot/shrapnel/tin/ringpull I found then I wouldnt care if I found any gold or not :playful: :playful: :playful:

Seriously though its fun finding gold but it doesn't happen everyday. Not for me anyway. I hope you're more fortunate but then I use gold as an excuse to leave the city. :D

Cheers Diggit!..... Dont have a problem with digging up bullets/lead/ringpulls ect... I have pulled up a few old pennys and coins which is a bonus, and just really enjoy being out in nature! ??

Haha thats like if I had a dollar for every time I've said "I'll never drink again..." I'd have just enough for a slab! :playful:

Thanks mate hopefully I do come across the big nuggets one day... Gets me outta the concrete jungle for the day anyways..... :Y:

Cheers Jaros & Roy Cobb yeah Ill keep on scratching around and hopefully find something soon. :Y:

Latest posts