In need of a Pick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
G'day everyone.

During my last trip to the GT I was chasing a target in some ground that was pretty much rock, hard enough that eye protection was necessary. My pick took a flogging and the tip was bugged beyond repair so into the bin it went. :poop: I saved the handle to use again after I gain access to the tools needed to make another, but that wont be till after the holidays and I plan to head down again next week when its a bit cooler.

Any PA members down in the GT have a pick in good condition they are willing to sell? :pickshovel:

The Big B1 said:
G'day everyone.

During my last trip to the GT I was chasing a target in some ground that was pretty much rock, hard enough that eye protection was necessary. My pick took a flogging and the tip was bugged beyond repair so into the bin it went. :poop: I saved the handle to use again after I gain access to the tools needed to make another, but that wont be till after the holidays and I plan to head down again next week when its a bit cooler.

Any PA members down in the GT have a pick in good condition they are willing to sell? :pickshovel:
I carry a real miners pick in my rig from Bunnings for the real hard going. About the same size as a mattock, get's down there pretty quick.

Build your own pick. A track rolling pin from an old dozer for the pick end (hard as hell) and a cut up from a spade for the scooping section, welded to a short length of steel tube into which the handle is fixed. Bingo, perfect detecting pick. Will last for years.

EVIE/BEE said:
The Big B1 said:
G'day everyone.

I carry a real miners pick in my rig from Bunnings for the real hard going. About the same size as a mattock, get's down there pretty quick.

Careful of the Bunnings quality picks you might just find yourself digging shards that came off what you once thought was a decent pick :( 8.(

Bluejeansronald from PA makes and sells picks. I've got the Little Brother pick and cant recommend it enough... :Y: Gold Digger Picks on Ebay...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts