Gear for a Newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok so I've got my detector (Nox 800 & ProFind 35), what else do I need for beach field detecting and where is the best (cheapest) place to get it?

I need a sand scoop for the beach but I've got that covered as I'm making one out of those Cyclone plastic spades).

Its really the park and field gear including a finds pouch of some sort and the best digging implements that I'm seeking advice on. I had a look in Bunnings but all the spades either had a tiny handle or were way to big and heavy.

Thanks in advance

Welcome Dave do a search on diggers as this has been done a few times before a finds poach I use a nail bag from Bunnings works well But I have a large screw driver for parks then a Tyger digger in a small spade as well a there large one the a gold pick foe in the gold fields etc.
Roy

Dave the Digger said:
Ok so I've got my detector (Nox 800 & ProFind 35), what else do I need for beach field detecting and where is the best (cheapest) place to get it?

I need a sand scoop for the beach but I've got that covered as I'm making one out of those Cyclone plastic spades).

Its really the park and field gear including a finds pouch of some sort and the best digging implements that I'm seeking advice on. I had a look in Bunnings but all the spades either had a tiny handle or were way to big and heavy.

Thanks in advance

ramjet might still have a choice of two brand new never used sandscoops for sale,i have the bottom one in his photo

personally i wouldn't like a plastic shovel despite any changes that you might bring having a wider thicker mouth creating a lot of friction especially in the hard wet sand

my stainless sand scoop is about 5" wide and very thin and very sharp cutting easily through the wet sand just saying

but as i said earlier most of us have a budget

good choice of detector

good luck :trophy:

I guess im not just a newbie at detecting but forum lurking as well :)

It looks like the Tyger gear is quite popular. Looking at the small tools the cub looks good for the price, the Blade is only 4cm longer but 2.5 thinner for an extra $35 which seems a bit of a jump to me or is it really $35 better?
roy cobb said:
Welcome Dave do a search on diggers as this has been done a few times before a finds poach I use a nail bag from Bunnings works well But I have a large screw driver for parks then a Tyger digger in a small spade as well a there large one the a gold pick foe in the gold fields etc.
Roy

Latest posts