Outback/bush internet and TV systems

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh one of them stick things,

I don't have one..

And I don't no how to put movies or music onto one,

I a music thing in my car, it has about 15 songs on it, I don't use much as I am sick of hearing some of the songs,

Do you need a laptop to play them?

Goody

GB (gigabyte) and TB (terabyte) are units of measurement for storage size. Another common measure is MB (megabyte). 1024MB = 1GB and 1024GB = 1TB. So for instance, a 500GB hard drive has approximately 1/2 the capacity of a 1TB hard drive.

Oh OK,

I do have a external hard drive,

Will have a look at the TV in the caravan,

But I don't have any movies on it,

Think I have only got pictures, documents etc ,

Goody

Mackka said:
Now I am confused, is it a 1,000 or 1,024?
Actually it doesnt matter because I would still have no idea. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mackka

Just to add confusion to your confused state. :D
It is both. Depending on how you look at it.
Computers use binary (1024 GB = 1TB) and we use decimal (1000 GB = TB)

That should be clear as mud now ;) :D

Vast is good.
Write down your smart card number, and just before leaving internet coverage, hit the card up.
When you get out bush and set up, the card will be active.

https://www.myvast.com.au/register/reactivate

If you are permanently out there, get Sky Muster, which is NBN's Satellite internet service. (You will need a remote address to get it installed)
If you are proficient at setting up dishes, you could remove the Sky Muster dish and make it portable, take it anywhere, they wont know.
When we were on ADSL here in Cairns, I got faster speeds up at the lease!!!!

When I backup my pc to an EHD does the information just update the previous download and add any new stuff or does it simply download the entire pic info again?
I have so much info on my pc ATM and don't want to lose it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mackka

Mackka said:
When I backup my pc to an EHD does the information just update the previous download and add any new stuff or does it simply download the entire pic info again?
I have so much info on my pc ATM and don't want to lose it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Mackka

You could make a whole new thread regarding this question Makka. Might be better in the general section of threads, you'll be rewarded with plenty of info imo and I will learn with you :Y:

Did full time on the road between 2010 and 2015

Yes reception for TV is poor in quite a lot of places

If you really want to watch TV , as mentioned VAST is the go , you can get a package with a portable dish , vast box for $700

You buy a card for vast about $30 a year

In WA , Vast is different in that you have to buy a separate card to work in WA .

As others have said , dvds or storage devices worked for me

I see internet & phone reception as more of a need & beer :beer:

7.62marksman said:
robmoto said:
I googled the other day satellite systems fo caravans and you can get the vast satellite system with a 600mm dish with stand for 700 bucks its what I watch at home here remote area tv the government fit it to your house for free if you carn t get reception, also on the same web site there was a 450mm tv 12volt/240 with a dvd player in it for 300 bucks and it only used 3amps per hour so it said looking at the specks
by any chance do you have the link for that

7.62Marksman , google Home of 12 Volt Northern, or ring 0882626890.

Latest posts