Extension Speaker.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 14190

Too old to care anyway.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has made their own extension speaker for use with GPX4500. I have a housing 50mmx50mm with an 8ohm 1/4 watt speaker fitted, from what I can see the commercial ones state that they have 8ohm 5 watt, but when I look at a 5 watt speaker they are all much bigger in dimensions than will fit in the commercial housings. I normally use headphones, but just wish to do some experimentation on different settings with my wife listening as my hearing has lost the ability to hear the higher tones. I know that the .5watt will work, it is just when the distortion will occur and cause any signal to become too hard to understand.

Graham

have a look at wazzas eye spye gizmo, made for people with not so good hearing, i think he has a facebook page as well. :Y:

dick smith use to sell an extension speaker, all set up to plug in, under $20 from memory, jaycar would probly be the best now days or good ol fleebay. :)

Latest posts