You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

itsdw
17 December 2018 05:00 pm

Hi all,

I have just been given a headphone adapter for my Garrett AT GOLD.

What aftermarket headphones or ear buds are available that will work.

I would prefer ear bud type ones so I can wear a wide brimmed hat, the larger earphones are hot in FNQ and+ I cant wear a wide brimmed hat with them.

I don't want to go breaking the budget either.

I already have a 1/4 to 1/8 headphone adapter ready to go.

Cheers In advance.

"You sir, have rustled my jimmies"

Dave law
17 December 2018 06:42 pm

You will probably find that a set with volume control are better or you will blow your ears off. Cheers

I enjoy haveing my electromagnetic feild disturbed. XP Deus. 9" low&9"hf coil MI6 pinpointer. Diamond Digger. Oldest coin. 1797 Cart wheel penny X2. FOM winner 5/17.

limpalot
17 December 2018 09:59 pm

I got Nenads wireless set for my ATX, I now use them on my 4500. Great sound and no wires.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500, SPO1, Makro Gold Kruzer

grumpygold
Banned
Banned
17 December 2018 10:32 pm

ive got a pair of garret headphones with volume control both ears , about 8 yrs old never ever used still in plastic, we can work something out for you cheap if you wanna pm me. thumbsup

gpx 4000 / qed / nokta fors gold /garret carrot / field lab kit / hand core drill kit / auger drill machine / field crushers and dolly pots / sieves to 500 mesh /pans ect.

just starting
14 July 2019 10:39 am

Another question on Garret headphones .

Can you cut the coil wires on the infinium headphones and attach another set of headphones instead of the stock ones by splicing the wires together and using the stock plug connection ,please ?

Mine sometimes break up and could be faulty ,so i was looking at other options.

Thanks.
FOZ

If it wasn`t for bad luck , i would have no luck at all.

RM Outback
14 July 2019 11:45 am

just starting wrote:

Another question on Garret headphones .

Can you cut the coil wires on the infinium headphones and attach another set of headphones instead of the stock ones by splicing the wires together and using the stock plug connection ,please ?

Mine sometimes break up and could be faulty ,so i was looking at other options.

Thanks.
FOZ

Check out Phasetech thumbsup Nenad will get you sorted out.

1 user likes this post: mbasko

mbasko
14 July 2019 11:51 am

If your handy with a soldering iron you should be able to make an adapter like this from your headphones: http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/garr … e-adapter/
You could then have the choice of using a variety of headphones/earbuds.
One issue you might have with the headphones breaking up is the cause could be in the plug wiring. Not sure how accessible this is on the Garrett headphones but you may need to strip it back & resolder the connections to the plug?

This mod on an AT is interesting. Maybe you could do something similar with the Infinium.

Edit: Or go wireless as RM suggests:
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/qu … s-garrett/
Pretty sure the Infinium has the same plug as the AT/ATX but you would need to check.

Last edited by mbasko (14 July 2019 11:57 am)

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

1 user likes this post: RM Outback

Rustynails
14 July 2019 12:26 pm

1563067181_00ec4617-81b2-4333-a97c-f56b83d504f6.jpg

When I wear a broad brimmed hat I use jogging earbuds made by Phillips. The band goes behind the head. I bought mine about 5 or 6 years ago for about $40 and they’re very comfortable. No volume control, so if your detector doesn’t have volume control they may be a bit loud.

1 user likes this post: Ship of fools

Rustynails
14 July 2019 12:31 pm

Just noticed the original post date, reckon he may have this sorted by now....

mbasko
14 July 2019 12:53 pm

Rustynails wrote:

Just noticed the original post date, reckon he may have this sorted by now....

We're replying to just starting (Foz) who posted a question this morning thumbsup

Everything we use comes from mining or farming.

just starting
14 July 2019 05:22 pm

Thanks , Mbasko and RM Outback. I am having real trouble with slow internet this weekend and can`t load the video or the websites for Garret or Phasetech. I

just starting
14 July 2019 05:26 pm

Even this webpage loaded by itself before i finished replying and can`t even get the edit button to work.. What i was going to say was i like the idea of wireless headphones and didn`t think garrett had them for this model. When i get a better internet connection , i`ll have a look. Thankyou.

FOZ

Sandta
14 July 2019 06:51 pm

Ahh , welcome to the NBN wink

just starting
14 July 2019 07:23 pm

Not NBN , Sandta . I live in the sticks and use a hotspot connection on my mobile phone. I don`t even have a phone line to the house. Hell, i don`t even have a bitumen road to drive on . We get black spots up here and you either get nothing , bad or half reasonable mobile signals . Pot luck on the day.

2 users like this post: RM Outback, Ship of fools

Aussiedigs
14 July 2019 09:06 pm

just starting wrote:

Not NBN , Sandta . I live in the sticks and use a hotspot connection on my mobile phone. I don`t even have a phone line to the house. Hell, i don`t even have a bitumen road to drive on . We get black spots up here and you either get nothing , bad or half reasonable mobile signals . Pot luck on the day.

Sounds like the ideal spot!

Do you have Optus in the area? Run an external antenna to an Optus modem for cheap data.

QED PL2, trim, taught and terrific!

just starting
14 July 2019 09:18 pm

No Optus . If you turn up at my place ,you are lost - Big time or you are the police. I`ll explain. A couple of years` ago when i was on holidays , i was listening to the police scanner when they were still legal in victoria and my address came up from the local copper. Look out the window and sure enough, he was driving down my long driveway.
Turns out tractor parts were being pinched locally and i had the same model the parts belonged to at the time. And it wasn`t me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

RM Outback
14 July 2019 09:20 pm

Aussiedigs wrote:
just starting wrote:

Sounds like the ideal spot!

Do you have Optus in the area? Run an external antenna to an Optus modem for cheap data.

Or throw a high gain truck aerial on the gutter thumbsup it's the only way a neighbour of mine gets any service and he's 4km east of the Hume as the crow flys sad using Telstra, just out of Broadford. We're elevated so don't have anywhere near the issues others do. Drop further into the valley on the east side to Strath Creek and since the Black Saturday royal commission findings they have full service prior to Black Saturday it was a dead zone no matter what carrier you used. NBN is a city slicker luxury and nothing more than a pain everywhere outside of a city or major rural town. Aissiedigs is onto it JS your in a good spot smile thumbsup

1 user likes this post: just starting

Sandta
14 July 2019 10:49 pm

Similar story out here
No land line
Telstra only ,( i use a wifi thingy)
Only works in the north east corner of the house , and only if i stand on my left leg
Unless if its blowing westerly .... then only if on right leg lol
Ive been told that will be forced onto NBN soon mad

3 users like this post: RM Outback, just starting, Ship of fools

Ship of fools
15 July 2019 07:28 pm

You can get Garret Zlink as an external attachment it won’t be waterproof and it won’t be cheap.
Matt T

Fools go where angels fear to tred.
HMV $5k, White Tdi, Garrett’s Infiinium and Max, XP mi-4 pinpointer, pots, pans, picks, shovels, and a lot of blurred thinking!

just starting
15 July 2019 10:16 pm

Thanks , Ship of Fools. I had a look at those after reading your post and they look like a good thing for about $200 for the adaptor and $300 for the kit with headphones and pinpointer .
Mbasko , i had a look at the video and would still have to buy the $74 adaptor to make it all work ,but still cheap in the scheme of things.

Rusty nails. Those headphones would work on my detector and would still need the adaptor for wireless ,but still prefer the volume control.

I had a look at the Phasetech Quest lite wireless kit for $150 that both Mbasko and Rm Outback recommended and i have sent them an email with questions on it ,but they look like what i am after . Thanks for the lead ,fellas . perfect

By the way ....................... This is what turns up at the bottom of the page as i write this. The internet is a scary place .

1563189341_gar.jpg

FOZ

Last edited by just starting (15 July 2019 10:17 pm)

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, grubstake, Ship of fools

Ded Driver
15 July 2019 10:25 pm

hey Foz, I have just recently bought a set of 'Quest/Deteknix Wire-Free Pro Wireless Headphones' from Nenad (Phase Technical) & I'm loving them. They are really comfy headphones & the sound is crystal clear, & use inbuilt USB rechargeable battery.

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

just starting
15 July 2019 10:30 pm

Thanks, Ded Driver. Recommendations are always good.They do sound impressive and are not overly expensive .

perfect

FOZ

just starting
31 July 2019 08:03 pm

Hey , Ded Driver, Mbasko and RM Outback .

Got the Quest headphones on the way . Thanks for the tip and thanks to Nenad @ Phasetech. Very good to deal with . perfect

FOZ

Last edited by just starting (31 July 2019 08:04 pm)

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, RM Outback, mbasko

just starting
01 August 2019 09:31 pm

How quick is Phasetech ?

Let me tell you how impressed i am with their service .

I paid for the headphones at about 2pm on wednesday and recieved them on my desk at 1pm today ( thursday ). This is a parcel that went from S.A to Ballarat.

Thankyou so much , Nenad .

FOZ

5 users like this post: Aussiedigs, RM Outback, Ded Driver, mbasko, Ship of fools

RM Outback
01 August 2019 10:30 pm

just starting wrote:

How quick is Phasetech ?

Let me tell you how impressed i am with their service .

I paid for the headphones at about 2pm on wednesday and recieved them on my desk at 1pm today ( thursday ). This is a parcel that went from S.A to Ballarat.

Thankyou so much , Nenad .

FOZ

Awesome service thumbsup perfect clap clap clap Now Nenad can you please regularly check the employment service Seek for the any request for a new CEO at Australia Post, I'll offer an industry reference if you think it'll help tongue well done Phasetech trophy beer

4 users like this post: Ded Driver, just starting, Sandta, Ship of fools

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site