Show us Ya Detecting Draws 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guy's , thought to share my little setup...Be good to see what you're all doing from you're car boots. :eek:

IMG_1032_zpsijhwjph6.jpg

IMG_1033_zpsau9lmexl.jpg

IMG_1031_zpsdxfjswps.jpg

Jaros said:
Gotta say that mine looks much the same as yours does. Except I have an Engel Fridge. :)

Yeah and you put the handle on the right way up, LOL.

His one is an Engel, :Y: :cool:

Those Draws cost a fortune. I priced em up for mine and they want an arm and a leg for them Think I might work out my own version, I need to invest in the fridge slide first just to make sure it all fits.

I like how those dividers lock together. :perfect:

Jaros said:
Gotta say that mine looks much the same as yours does. Except I have an Engel Fridge. :)

Great lets see what it looks like please post a pick , P.S look closer also have an Engel but with ARB hold down straps :power:

Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Those Draws cost a fortune. I priced em up for mine and they want an arm and a leg for them Think I might work out my own version, I need to invest in the fridge slide first just to make sure it all fits.

Check out draw Dividers at Bunnings, from 400mm,600mm,900mm...I cut them down to suite, best thing is you can just unclip and change the setup anyway you like :Y:

Gravity said:
Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

Check out draw Dividers at Bunnings, from 400mm,600mm,900mm...I cut them down to suite, best thing is you can just unclip and change the setup anyway you like :Y:

I like how you have that set up, because it leaves so much above floor space for other gear or sleeping, Top Job. :Y:

Ridge Runner said:
Gravity said:
Ridge Runner said:
Jaros said:

I like how you have that set up, because it leaves so much above floor space for other gear or sleeping, Top Job. :Y:

Thanks mate, was always struggling with gear and thinking of ways to improve and make things more practical, this way I've got the so called delicate stuff in the draws and sleeping gear on top.

I bumped in to a bloke above Sandstone WA. He had his back seats out in a land rover.
He had a hinged roof cage from supercheap, swung off the upper rear seat belt pivots. And made up a turn handle at the rear. Thus giving him good upper stow away area.

Here is an alternative if your handy with your hands..... A lot of 4x4 owners on another forum have used the Qubelok System with great success ... I made some for a mate and put Liquid Nails and a tek screw in the joints as sometimes they get a squeak after awhile.. So far for the past 3yrs he has had no issues and He has done some Serious 4WD Tracks including 3 trips on the Plenty Hwy and that is one of the worst roads for corrugations.. When you screw your ply to it, it becomes very strong...

A far cheaper way of building Drawers than paying Big $$$ for a good set-up like above... Yes they are a great set-up the above Drawers, but at a price I can never afford...
I have made mine out of 16mm Ply and use the Polly chopping Boards cut into strips for slides/guides ... A squirt of Silicone spray and they slide real easy.. They have lasted me for 4yrs now and I have done lots of ruff stuff... If I was going to build a different system I would use Qubelok next time...
You can get the bits from Bunnings at a steep price or I get my stuff from Here for a fraction of the price from Bunnings...

http://www.capral.com.au/qubelok

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
Here is an alternative if your handy with your hands..... A lot of 4x4 owners on another forum have used the Qubelok System with great success ... I made some for a mate and put Liquid Nails and a tek screw in the joints as sometimes they get a squeak after awhile.. So far for the past 3yrs he has had no issues and He has done some Serious 4WD Tracks including 3 trips on the Plenty Hwy and that is one of the worst roads for corrugations.. When you screw your ply to it, it becomes very strong...

A far cheaper way of building Drawers than paying Big $$$ for a good set-up like above... Yes they are a great set-up the above Drawers, but at a price I can never afford...
I have made mine out of 16mm Ply and use the Polly chopping Boards cut into strips for slides/guides ... A squirt of Silicone spray and they slide real easy.. They have lasted me for 4yrs now and I have done lots of ruff stuff... If I was going to build a different system I would use Qubelok next time...
You can get the bits from Bunnings at a steep price or I get my stuff from Here for a fraction of the price from Bunnings...

http://www.capral.com.au/qubelok

LW.....

Good Idea LW, I might got to the local kitchen stores and buy some cupboards and cut them down to size, Luckily there are 1000's of caravan suppliers over here so they might be another option, I Spent the last 22 years fitting Kitchens and bathrooms etc along with ever other side of building works I should be able to rustle something up with a bit of luck,

Seeing as the Truck has a proper chassis I might cut the roof out and make a pop top out of it, not sure yet coz I like the idea of a roof top tent but when the weather turns foul being able to sleep in the Truck is an inviting thought.

Latest posts