Starting out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Purchased my nox 800 in October so these are my finds to date. Not as outstanding as some of the great finds l see on PA.but lm still happy. Im only working my local beaches here on the Sunny Coast at the moment. Can some one tell me if it is necessary to run the detector battery down to totally discharged before recharging ? Cheers Bazz.
1544936017_49d0d062-a16c-4f55-9307-4d723a7ed248.jpg

1544936018_8711fd3a-9abc-4c11-8c8e-9d43b0292aad.jpg

Doing well on the finds so far with the Equinox. I wouldn't worry about running down lithium batteries, they do not have the same "memory" effect that the older rechargeables used to have, hence can be topped up at any stage of discharge.

Just out of curiosity how many hours did you spend to find all that loot!

I want to know what i'm in for!

mixo

p.s So far I have been out for about 3 hours with the kids and my grand total is 85 cents and lots of bottle tops. Yeah i Know i'm still green..

About 18/20 hours l think mixo. Ive also found a lot of bottle tops & ring pulls.

mixo said:

mixo

p.s So far I have been out for about 3 hours with the kids and my grand total is 85 cents and lots of bottle tops. Yeah i Know i'm still green..

Thanks Goldpick I thought that was the case with lithium batteries.

Goldpick said:
Doing well on the finds so far with the Equinox. I wouldn't worry about running down lithium batteries, they do not have the same "memory" effect that the older rechargeables used to have, hence can be topped up at any stage of discharge.

mixo said:

mixo

Dont fret mate. I think Ive found half of comalcos tailings. You will hit a spot one day and youll really get the bug bad. Its just a time in the field thing. Good luck

Gday linesman, have you had anyone look at the watch yet ? Im told by a work colleague who is a hobby watch collector, it looks like a copy of a Rolex Daytona Chronograph .Heres a fun fact an original Rolex Daytona owned by Paul Newman was sold at auction in March this year for a record $17.800.000
Cheers Booney

Gee Booney I wish it was Rolex but northeast is on the money I looked on the net too and came to the same conclusion as northeast. The band is too small for the bride but dont worry daughter has made a claim as well as grand daughter so I guess it will find a good home. Bazz.

Booney said:
Gday linesman, have you had anyone look at the watch yet ? Im told by a work colleague who is a hobby watch collector, it looks like a copy of a Rolex Daytona Chronograph .Heres a fun fact an original Rolex Daytona owned by Paul Newman was sold at auction in March this year for a record $17.800.000
Cheers Booney

Went for a swing for the first day of the year just to get focused on whats important . Rolled down to one of the local beaches at 7pm there were 5 other swingers there. You cant blame every one for trying there its the main beach around here and its flood lit at night.So needless to say I found another beach with no flood lights and I shared the beach with a bunch of kids with torches having a ton of fun chasing ghosts
1546382328_e78dddc4-ba92-47a3-ac4c-7b627c10db83.jpg
crabs.Spent 1 1/2 hours in the cool of the evening for $5.90 in change + random rubbish for me a good start for the new year.

Hi all. Went for a swing at low tide early this morning. As well as some small change got this beaut 9c bracelet obviously lost because the clasp wore through at the back end. The two pairs of sunnies arent my script lol so the grand children will get to use them.
Bazz
1546646962_14f10ffe-ca25-4288-b6fd-22b720853894.jpg

1546646963_c71d23c9-d7b1-43a3-b41a-bc92597f1cc4.jpg
u

you probably won't top that 9ct bracelet for a while if ever enjoy the buzz (and the $$$) while it lasts noice :trophy:

Latest posts