Equinox 15" Coil Nox

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well here is an update of the 15" Nox coils use in the big smoke. First of all I tried it in the park, well it was very frustrating as I only recover coins in public parks to the depth of my probe and hook so not to leave any sign of my being there. The 15" coil was terrible on the depth indicator whilst the 11" is now pretty good with the update.
I found the 15" coil has two "pinpoint" areas one a 1/4 of the way in from the front and the other the same as the rear. Very frustrating. So I changed back to the 11" for the parks.
On the beach however the 15" was superb covering ground very well. I found that I could pinpoint the targets close enough with the tip of the coil to get them with the sand scoop.
The Major drawback with the 15" coil is having been in the wet sand/ edge of the surf and then going to the dry sand the coil picks up the dry sand and gets very heavy and it is hard to shift it unless you dry the coil.
I will be mainly using the 15" coil now for beaches/ open areas, paddocks.

I've been using mine everywhere just as I was with the 705. I don't find pinpointing an issue but I am use to using a 15" DD.
I can still pull small silvers out of the rubbish with the 15" on the equinox that I couldn't with the 705 with the standard coil, I had to use the 6" with the 705.

Good luck
Daggy

Thanks Daggy and goldtrapper I have not used the 15" yet and only run park 1 so far do the numders or tones change if you use park 2 or feild 1 Thanks for any help
Roy

Latest posts