Gold Finder GF2 From China

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know what you paid for it, but don't go spending any money at all trying to get it to work right. It never will...

Adrian ss said:
What has quest got to do with the GF2 that I got from China?

Made in China.

Refer to post #12 ...... "There is no decent Chinese made metal detector, if they existed then stores would sell them."

A number of dealers in Australia do sell decent Chinese made metal detectors, including pin pointers and wireless audio accessories.

OOPS!
Copywright a few replies back should have been copyright. Not much time for editing here?

Yes it would be a waste of time.
I paid 260 for it. I knew I was taking a bit of a chance on it actually working but curiosity got the better of me.
I have been metal detecting since 1960 and have worked my way through 58 different machines and have built a few vlfs and PIs plus have written several Field tests for AGGTM years ago. So I am not totally thick where detectors are concerned.....although at 72 my brain might be slowing down a bit. :( I currently have 19 metal detectors.
In the case of the GF2, I am more interested in what deal the Chinese have with Teknetics that they are able to get hold of original and complete cct boards. I will say though that the cct board soldering is not high quality even though it appears to have been done by mass produced automation method. If I thought that I had a better than average chance of getting this detector working then I would give it a shot but having to peel the dial plate of has stopped me from going further.

Adrian, if the manufacturer is able to 100% replicate a detector in appearance to the point where even fake serial number stickers are hard to identify , then I am sure they have the ability to print some writing on circuit boards. I am sure it is not a genuine Teknetics circuit board....

Seems it has a processor on board .. so has the capability to do something decent ..
just needs a decent programmer ..

Seems it is a bit fussy about where the loose wiring is positioned inside the control box. Also the inside surface of the control box is coated with conductive shielding paint and connected to the cct.
I have repositioned and secured things a bit and have got better operation and the manual gb seems to be trying to work plus the detector can now easily find my test patch two dollar coin targets at 6 inches deep with coil approx 4 inches above the ground and sensitivity at 45 instead of 2. EMI in my back yard is bad and limiting the sensitivity setting.
The thing is still a bit jittery in disc mode but is now correctly ID- ing the buried coin. The 10 and 20 cents were found easily but no go on the 5 cent yet.
The Ground Grab is still not working. That is more than a simple wire position fault. At least the detector is usable now and the coil is not upset by wet grass or hand capacitance or salt in the skin.
It is still a crap metal detector but is beginning to show promise....Maybe?

Adrian ss said:
Seems it is a bit fussy about where the loose wiring is positioned inside the control box. Also the inside surface of the control box is coated with conductive shielding paint and connected to the cct.
I have repositioned and secured things a bit and have got better operation and the manual gb seems to be trying to work plus the detector can now easily find my test patch two dollar coin targets at 6 inches deep with coil approx 4 inches above the ground and sensitivity at 45 instead of 2. EMI in my back yard is bad and limiting the sensitivity setting.
The thing is still a bit jittery in disc mode but is now correctly ID- ing the buried coin. The 10 and 20 cents were found easily but no go on the 5 cent yet.
The Ground Grab is still not working. That is more than a simple wire position fault. At least the detector is usable now and the coil is not upset by wet grass or hand capacitance or salt in the skin.
It is still a crap metal detector but is beginning to show promise....Maybe?
hi adrian been reading your posts on other forum on the valon pi machine, any chance of you starting a thread over here on it, cant wait to pick your brain. :)

Latest posts