Sapphires in nsw

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,I get a few sapphires at grabben,and I get a few at black springs(this stuff is hard to wash)but I can't seem to find much over about 3 to 4 carrots .any tips on hunting the bigger? Has any sapphires been found at Native dog creek Oberon?Cheers to any tips........

Was reading DIGS reports yesterday on the sampling results from back in the 90's. I think Black Springs is the go, they have been found there at NDC but not as many I don't think. Still worth a try though.

If they are good quality then 3-4 ct stones are a good size. The reports stated they found stones up to 10 ct at Black Springs. Just have to dig and sample in different areas I guess.

I'm heading out there with a mate this week sometime to have a look in a couple of different spots.

We got our first over 2ct at GG last week, was 16ct.

Just got back from NDCreek,got a couple of buckets of dirt,looks more like gold ground.black springs ,I thought only small but I got a nice blue.did not fancy going through the 4 buckets but ended up with 3 blues ,will get more dirt from here .i was shocked.Graben is the spot,I am keen to walk upstream and look!

Latest posts