New to 4wd

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all
Just a quick question wanted to know although its prob a stupid question would a 75 series v8 fit in a 4 runner or surf ??? I'm wanting to buy and build an off road beast thanks guys

I have on hold a 96 4 Runner with a 1uzfe.
Already fitted and fired but not complete.
This is the alloy version of a cruiser V8 motor.
Lot of fiddly work but from what I have seen,
heard, Awesome.
I am going to have a look at fitting the V8 into my Prado.
I already have a manual conversion kit.
Not Auto where a lot of issues come into play.

I was recently looking at a guys Holden/Chev LS1 slotted into a Pajero (ex V6). I never thought it was very feasible due to the very small engine bay. In this case the front top cross-brace/tie & radiator had to be moved forward a little bit. He is in the process of getting engineering certification for it to make it legal.
It showed that with perseverance you can shove almost any engine into any vehicle!
Shock n Awe, one thing to keep in mind is the rest of the drive-train isn't going to last long with the grunt those V8s turn out.
You would be better off starting with a V8 cruiser & build up from there

The most common V8 engine swaps for Surfs are 1UZ-FE or LS1, both petrol.

The biggest diesel motor you can fit in is probably only the 3 litre 1KZ-TE or the 5L, the landcruiser engine will probably be too long.

Shock n Awe, also to note, the 79series Cruiser had the front track widened to accommodate the V8 diesel, hence the reason why it doesn't match the rear track width (over 90mm I think it is), because Toyota didn't bother widening the rear to match, probably to save a couple of dollars in tooling up a new diff housing & axles.
This engine may be a problem width wise fitting into a narrower body vehicle!

Ded Driver said:
I was recently looking at a guys Holden/Chev LS1 slotted into a Pajero (ex V6). I never thought it was very feasible due to the very small engine bay. In this case the front top cross-brace/tie & radiator had to be moved forward a little bit. He is in the process of getting engineering certification for it to make it legal.
It showed that with perseverance you can shove almost any engine into any vehicle!
Shock n Awe, one thing to keep in mind is the rest of the drive-train isn't going to last long with the grunt those V8s turn out.
You would be better off starting with a V8 cruiser & build up from there

Told you it was possible DD.. :eek: . Don't know how long it would last, but as you said Almost anything is Possible... In the 80's a mate had a Ford 351 in a Toyota Corolla Panel Van... Got away with it for 3 yrs until he saw the TV crew at the local drags and got the exposure he didn't need....

LW...

Ls 2 in 80 series with beefed up 6 speed auto drive in drive out $18000 ecomony is amazing power is very handy contact 4x4 obsessions in melton victoria his got a few ls2 and ls3 conversions himself and does it for a living its money well spent it will last forever and go anywhere and better economy than a deisel 6 cyl deisel by far and then ya 4x4 will shock and awe people when ya take them bush believe me lol

r

Shock n awe prospecting said:
Hi all
Just a quick question wanted to know although its prob a stupid question would a 75 series v8 fit in a 4 runner or surf ??? I'm wanting to buy and build an off road beast thanks guys

Ahhh, stop playing with kiddy toys, you want a beast...? Get one of these, take you anywhere ya want to go!
1543052802_crane_s_gone.jpg

That was the starting point... diesel 6x6, no computers or fancy stuff...

Ded Driver said:
MAYBE possible LW
but I see some serious bodywork to accommodate it
shocky/strut towers may be an issue!

A project for someone with Money to play with.... Why would you want one anyhow...

LW....

Dihusky said:
Shock n awe prospecting said:
Hi all

Ahhh, stop playing with kiddy toys, you want a beast...? Get one of these, take you anywhere ya want to go!
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10304/1543052802_crane_s_gone.jpg

That was the starting point... diesel 6x6, no computers or fancy stuff...
love the beast but to big for the tracks i go on but would love yours for touring ya got yourslf one awsome setup there

Latest posts