The Weekend Prospector TV series (Original - Tommy)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Saturday 11am nsw, 12pm qld. On 7mate.
Seems like it might be a good light laugh show.
Bit like Steave Irwin with a detector!
Bit of fishing etc in it.....
Could be good viewing :pickshovel:

Gday Gold tragics!
Dont forget to catch episode 4 of The weekend Prospector this Saturday on 7mate @ 12.30pm or for the early-birds 6.30am on Sunday.

This week Tommy is joined by David Watters of Miners Den Australia, at Jupiter Creek in the Adelaide hills. Will they strike it lucky? Tune in to find out!

https://youtu.be/_NTK-g1aw-E

Happy Diggings!
Miners Den Australia

MinersDenAustralia said:
Gday Gold tragics!
Dont forget to catch episode 4 of The weekend Prospector this Saturday on 7mate @ 12.30pm or for the early-birds 6.30am on Sunday.

This week Tommy is joined by David Watters of Miners Den Australia, at Jupiter Creek in the Adelaide hills. Will they strike it lucky? Tune in to find out!

https://youtu.be/_NTK-g1aw-E

Happy Diggings!
Miners Den Australia

By the sounds of the reports do you think it's wise to mention any affiliation with these people :(. I doubt you'll get any who have commented on here to waste their time.

The only episode i have seen was on the beach at the gold coast, and only some of it. Very woeful indeed. Wasted some of my precious time. My views.
Will give another chance as want to see what they seed at jupitor creek. Poor rate no budget filming. Many on these forum's make great video that should replace this show.

This is what happens when Jason takes someone's idea, tries to make it his own, and completely stuffs it.
He told me that I couldn't host, because I didn't have enough experience, then gets in someone with NO idea about prospecting.
This is what happens.

Hi XIV, I have known you now for a few years now and I have had a bit to do with filming.
I must say that if there is anything you may not know about prospecting you make up with a genuine enthusiasm and love for the hobby.

With us watching so far
Ep 1 Just shook our heads :argh: Ep2 fell asleep :zzz:

If you where there on screen this would not have happened as you are a naturally entertaining good bloke. :D

Cheers Greg :cool:

That's a real shame it turned out that way, I'll second Greg's view on Kane/XIV, I know he would have done a stellar job.

My wife saw an episode and said it looked staged/fake and she has no idea about prospecting.

Have all the episodes been filmed yet?
Is there any chance to get XIV to do some of the later episodes?

Just watched the 3 episodes on the app.

Geeeeez.....bloody rough.

1st episode, first target with the Nox, numbers are low jumping around 6-9 "folks, I think I have found something here" pulls out a $2 coin.....ok mate.

The two blokes then proceed to stiff-arm their detectors down the beach 2 feet away from each other with coils almost touching at times......

Tom then cooks mudcrab, steak and prawns in the same fire and location over the 3 episodes.

In the third ep I had a good laugh with Tom pulling his best Steve Irwin when the other bloke "finds" a gold chain half hanging out of his scoop, Tom runs at it like it's about to jump out and slither away. :Y:

Top acting all round! How good is the gold buyer!

I saw the Ep where the gold chain was pulled out as I recorded it. As he was approaching I noticed a small depression in the sand, so I rewound/replayed a couple of times and in slo mo. It looks a definite seed job.

I've met a lot of fellow prospectors over the last 5 years, if I met this guy I'd run like f*** as far and fast as I could.

Having said that and as I have been to Jupiter Creek, I will watch this next episode and treat it as an unfunny comedy :poop:

think the idiot is trying to be another Steve Erwin but sadly just looks like a dick not waisting my time on it once was enough and I only watched about 20 minuets of that one .score out of 10 minus 5.PP

Latest posts