gpx 5000 settings for relics

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shakergt

Moderating Team
Reaction score
I am about to head to some old school and Hall sites and will be using a gpx5000 for the detecting. What settings do people recommend I use for this kind of detecting?

shakergt said:
I am about to head to some old school and Hall sites and will be using a gpx5000 for the detecting. What settings do people recommend I use for this kind of detecting?
i used to sniff coins with a 5000, it will talk to you (a lot) the tone of coins will become apparent
my advise is get coins and throw them in grass an practice an listen to the tones

i now own a CTX3030 for coin sniffing , once you learn a 3030 they truly do speak to you , a much better and more productive option than a 5000, but in saying that the 5000 is a competent coin sniffer
learning the machines is like good hair !!

it wont happen overnight , but it will happen :cool:

it's all in the practice :power: :power: :rainbow: :money: :money: :pickshovel: :party: :party:

Coin relic setting with a double d coil. Is that advisable? I normally detect for gold so this is why I have the 5000 at the moment

I havent used a Gpx 5000, but Im interested in what will be said.
Coin and relic setting is for stable soils, so using that still depends on where your sites are?
The manual says DD coils are excellent on coin and relic, I would think using a DD with iron discrimination at least on the first sweep?
Matt T

Latest posts