Dont die in the Outback

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Gunlom of Kakadu area is actually pretty forgiving. Plenty of water, shade and landmarks.
Maybe some early season salties and potentially nasty rockfalls however.

Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
Jaros said:
It's very unforgiving country out there.
yeah, there's big lizards that like to eat people :skull:
Not to mention Drop Bears, :eek: :playful: :playful: :zzz: :zzz:
I think the Bunyip ate the Drop Bears ]:D :playful:

Ded Driver said:
Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
Jaros said:
It's very unforgiving country out there.
yeah, there's big lizards that like to eat people :skull:
Not to mention Drop Bears, :eek: :playful: :playful: :zzz: :zzz:
I think the Bunyip ate the Drop Bears ]:D :playful:
Dont think so
1566472156_35f297d9-20af-46ff-b160-99fa84078f9b.jpg

Just heard it on the radio, really sad news two youngn's on the cusp of a full life enjoying themselves. I was sure they would be found bogged or with car troubles, sadly not.

Apparently on Trig Track. Very steep and windy, and closed untill Cup w/e, usually, certainly not a track to do on your own at any time.

1568384447_trig_e_track_li.jpg

Car found near end of the zig zag section

xcvator said:
Apparently on Trig Track. Very steep and windy, and closed untill Cup w/e, usually, certainly not a track to do on your own at any time.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8322/1568384447_trig_e_track_li.jpg

Car found near end of the zig zag section

That might be the case non the less it's a shocking outcome, two youngn's on a sweet heart weekend that ended with a tragic circumstance. What ever caused their tragedy it won't change a thing speculating the possibilities we've all been very close in our younger years.

Fail. this bloke was bushwalking alone, with no PLB (so many do this), on Mount Nebo, north-west of Brisbane when he slipped down a waterfall & broke his leg.
Interesting crap reporting ... he either fractured, broke or shattered his leg, depending on which part of which media story you read :rolleyes:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09...to-safety-after-fracturing-leg-wrist/11522794
Rule 1, when in the bush alone. Go properly prepared
Rule 2, take extra care in where you go & what you do, as 1 slip is all it takes.

Hey DD, I mostly travel alone, and am pretty well prepared with 2*UHF radios, EPIRB, PLB, Sat Phone, first aid and snake bite kits, flares, water/fuel etc.
But sometimes shite just happens.
Don't reckon any of my gear would be much good to me if I had a stroke or heart attack or a 6m fall like his out in But F$#k nowhere.
I reckon he did damn well to use his nouse and get to a place where he could be found. He was after all, a seasoned SES member.

He certainly did very well to get himself to where he did. But I would have thought with his experience he'd known better about being prepared, SES and a Bush walking guide :8 To be honest I go out on my own as I did on the weekend and Monday without anything. I let Kate know roughly where I was going so if it turned nasty she could raise the alarm. Your spot on Pete if it a stroke or heart attack doesn't matter what you've got your in trouble.

BigWave said:
Hey DD, I mostly travel alone, and am pretty well prepared with 2*UHF radios, EPIRB, PLB, Sat Phone, first aid and snake bite kits, flares, water/fuel etc.
But sometimes shite just happens.
Don't reckon any of my gear would be much good to me if I had a stroke or heart attack or a 6m fall like his out in But F$#k nowhere.
I reckon he did damn well to use his nouse and get to a place where he could be found. He was after all, a seasoned SES member.
yeah hey I do too, but its important to keep in mind if you are alone & :poop: happens, you have no help but yourself, ... if you're conscious. I think the guy was a bit complacent by putting himself in a situation where he could fall down a waterfall. We can all have an unexpected accident, but the key is to minimise the risk, especially if you're alone.
His incident could have turned out much worse :skull:
He certainly did do well to get himself out as well as he did.

Latest posts