New Whites PI detector Superpulse !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So everyone gets their knickers in a knot about a new garrett machine but whites release one and no eyelids are batted....

Read the specs, read the piece on findmall.

Seems to be a lower budget version of the TDI SL for overseas markets that need a cheap gold suitable pulse machine - ie Africa.

Would be a cracker dry sand beach machine.

Whites are supposed to be releasing a 6us waterproof version of their TDI soon. That will be an eye opener!

Ben78 said:
So everyone gets their knickers in a knot about a new garrett machine but whites release one and no eyelids are batted....

I hadn't even heard about it until reading this post. Maybe they need to fire their marketing team :lol:

Fair call.

Just like Pentax needs to fire their marketing guys - 3 years ago they released a camera that scores higher than any APS-C SLR on image quality and higher than many Full Frame DSLRS on high iso scores yet mainstream camera stores (eg Camera House) no longer stock Pentax products. Its a shame...

The ad is quite provocative - 'finds deep gold like Brand M G-- 4500 but cost 40% less". (Would that be a Minelab GPX 4500 which I use??) At face value I don't dispute their ad but would love to see the independent tests that must have taken place for this claim to be made. Under what AUSTRALIAN conditions were they tested or another famous 'air test'. Might drop down to Whites at Dunolly and have a chat to the boys.

It's good to see someone competing at this level.

I bought a piranha 4 fish finder ten years ago, cost me over $300 direct from the states back them. I just replaced it with a new better model piranha max 150 for $114 delivered by courier, almost 1/3 of the original price.

It would seem the prices of everything are coming down except new Minelab detectors. I would expect to see prices begin to fall on their detectors as they have done on all other electronic goods.

Just like the cameras, they keep getting better and cheaper. Go figure

Australia has out priced itself on the world market due to the high cost of living driven by CPI increases on essential services. Naturally people want more money to pay for those increasing services so they negotiate for higher wages. It's an endless cycle, but how do you break it? CPI and wage freeze for 5 years should do the trick then we might be competitive again.

not wanting to get into a politics debate so lets talk basic economics. The prices of the goods for example are set by the market - that is us, the buyers. Sellers for example have a % of every sale that needs to be divided along the lines of cost (wages, building the product, rates, goods and services etc), development (R&D), re-investment, tax ( and remember there is an ongoing GST at every line of supply, remember 'the never ever ever GST' that turned me and every other business owner into a tax collector - but I digress) and things called 'invisibles' (insurance, duties, freight, exchange rate fluctuations etc, advertising). Once that's all covered we then can look at profit. Detector sales are in reality a very small and niche market, some of the very few better detector makers sell to the military, police etc but the market is still quite small.

Then we get to 'what is the buyer willing to pay' after calculating the basic cost per unit is actually worth. Its a simple matter of supply and demand that is mathematically calculated - what price will I set to reach the equilibrium of manufacture vs sales and profit. Then we get the big imponderable - competition. A Ford and a Holden are (were) pretty much the same and very about the same price. Throw in the same type of car by a different manufacturer with a lower price then bang - sales drop. But, is there a comparable maker of, in this case, a PI detector that people will want. If it was all about cost, why isn't the whites TDI OZ outselling GPX5000? Because we, the buyers, do our research based on what we can afford and what we want to do. I want a premium grade PI detector. Some folk cant afford these so they will buy a compromise detector in their price range and good luck to them as they are buying a decent bit of kit.

My point is, if a seller is going to have a crack at a competitor (as is the case in this ad) they better be able to back it up with deeds, not words. I am not associated with minelab in any way and trust me, if whites or whoever came up with a PI that equalled or beat its minelab or garrett equivalent for a cheaper price then I would use their product. I await with baited breath a field report from an independent user running these PIs side by side on the same ground and conditions with the results verified.

Hi guys, just thought I'd pop in to mention I happened to pop into Dunolly today (just arrived to Castlemaine today) and asked the fella there about this "Super Pulse" - he didn't know much about it.... had heard about a patent they had few years back for something like it but he didn't think there'd be any product for some time yet - so he was surprised.

Very keen to hear more about it myself.

Latest posts