Nugget Finder Coil Differences

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wondering if there is really that much difference between the older advantage series coils and the newer evo range. I have just been running the standard 11 mono coil on my 4500 while learning the machine but thinking about grabbing a couple of used advantage coils.

Nothing wrong with the advantage coils mate, they have found a lot of gold and still do.we have had great success with the 14x9. The evo,s are a step up again but if your budget is tight the advantage range won,t let you down.
Jim

Hard to put a value on it, but I'd say the Evo's maybe give an extra 15% increase in signal response. Other slight difference is needing less Rx Gain which reduces emi.

Also larger Evo's like the 15 and 17x13 seem to retain a lot of sensitivity, compared to say a 16 or 17x11 Advantage.

Nothing wrong with the 11" Commander. Found a lot of gold with it on the 4500 and 5000 before the flat winds hit the market.

Thanks guys its good to get other people's option's and thoughts it helps take the guess work out a little. Might grab an Advantage first then grab an evo down the track when more funds are available. Looking at a 14 x 9 or a 12 x 7 Advantage , the gold is fairly small in the area we are detecting and its very scrubby so maybe the 12 x 7 might be better for the smaller bits. :pickshovel:

PhaseTech said:
Nothing wrong with the 11" Commander. Found a lot of gold with it on the 4500 and 5000 before the flat winds hit the market.

Nenad so would the Commander series coils be pretty much the same sort of sensitivity as the Advantage Coils, maybe I do need to go to the flat wound type if the commander is similar, that would save me buying twice.

rockdev said:
PhaseTech said:

Nenad so would the Commander series coils be pretty much the same sort of sensitivity as the Advantage Coils, maybe I do need to go to the flat wound type if the commander is similar, that would save me buying twice.

rockdev, the 11" Commander mono that comes with the machine is an excellent coil. I've consistently found tiny nuggets down to 0.05g and 15-20g nuggets down to 300mm and it runs smoothly and more quiet than the fancy expensive coils that I've tried.

You'll find the 14x9 Advantage is about the same as the 11" mono, so you won't be gaining much performance wise except a bit more ground coverage per sweep.
The 12x7" advantage was a good coil, but a 12" evo these days will match or even beat it sensitivity wise. The 14x9" evo will eat it for breakfast on small bits.

If you want to start with an advantage and something for scrubby areas, I'd go for a Sadie. This can then stay in your arsenal when you get a Evo down the track.

I have a few performance notes in the product listing: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/nugget-finder-8x6-mono-sadie/

goldtruck59 said:
I hope they are better because I just forked out hard earnt for a 17 x 13 evo for an upcoming WA trip !!
I have a few advantage also so we shall see !!!

GT :)

Don't worry mate, the 17x13" is great. That would be my patch hunting coil if I was heading west.

Moneybox said:
rockdev, the 11" Commander mono that comes with the machine is an excellent coil. I've consistently found tiny nuggets down to 0.05g and 15-20g nuggets down to 300mm and it runs smoothly and more quiet than the fancy expensive coils that I've tried.

Thanks Moneybox that's good to hear mate user experience is invaluable, I have done a lot or reading on coils but its good to get user feedback and I have heard the same from other people as well. :pickshovel:
cheers mate.

PhaseTech said:
You'll find the 14x9 Advantage is about the same as the 11" mono, so you won't be gaining much performance wise except a bit more ground coverage per sweep. The 12x7" advantage was a good coil, but a 12" evo these days will match or even beat it sensitivity wise. The 14x9" evo will eat it for breakfast on small bits.

Thank-you Nenad that's pretty much answered my question about the difference... great information :D

PhaseTech said:
If you want to start with an advantage and something for scrubby areas, I'd go for a Sadie. This can then stay in your arsenal when you get a Evo down the track. I have a few performance notes in the product listing: http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/nugget-finder-8x6-mono-sadie/

Okay thank-you again that sounds like the go, the sadie sounds just right for the area I want to use it in :perfect: I am thinking the 14 x 9 evo will be the other one when more funds come in. :Y:

PhaseTech said:
You'll find the 14x9 Advantage is about the same as the 11" mono, so you won't be gaining much performance wise except a bit more ground coverage per sweep.
The 12x7" advantage was a good coil, but a 12" evo these days will match or even beat it sensitivity wise. The 14x9" evo will eat it for breakfast on small bits.

That's good noise for my ears Nenad.
I recently bought a 14x9" Evo from a PA member here (cheers Autitch), but unfortunately it didn't arrive in time for my last trip out to Kal.
I had great results with my Coiltek 14x9" GoldStalker tho, & I'm keen to compare the Evo.
Hopefully it doesn't prove tooooo sensitive & noisy on my old 4000