Next level of gold detecting?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to go on a field trip in the bush and have Matt find a piece in virgin ground to prove it works, not a set up test patch, I'm far from convinced when it comes to Matt's testing and comparing anything from what I've seen.
Hope he proves me wrong one day.

I have seen one of these "working" and it never picked up any of the pre buried gold that was seeded...infact it pointed in the opposite direction to were it was.$3200 the guy paid for it, snake oil at best.lol

Yeah its seems to good to be true but if it was legit look out.
I see the old fella on YouTube a bit and he does pretty good finding the yellow.

It's the next level of bullshit above this:
1539767781_images.jpg

No surprise to see that Matt is trying to sell these things which explains all his testing. No better than a thief in my opinion :mad:

I read the product literature :)
"wait a bit for the device sends signals and vibrations in the ground in the form of vertical and horizontal , and then we walk into the machine in the area to be scanned for the device to pick up any signal of the metal , which we have chosen , when taking a goal based radar a radar device movement of hydraulic go towards the goal and we track the device to signal when standing directly above the target and determine the depth of the target accurately".
Yep, I am sold :p :argh: :eek: :playful:
At least the old guy has a nice hat so there's that going for the video :)

"WHAT CAN GPR FIND?
US Radar GPR Systems are designed to display differences in material composition. They can be used to locate any object that has a different composition than it's surrounding materials. For example, a PVC pipe will have a different composition than the surrounding soil. Voids and excavations that have been filled in will also have different compositions than the surrounding soil. However, GPR does not know what the actual materials are that it is imaging. For this reason, it is not suited to locating gold, precious gems, and treasure".

"Radar is sensitive to changes in material composition, detecting changes requires movement. When looking through stationary items using surface-penetrating or ground-penetrating radar, the equipment needs to be moved in order for the radar to examine the specified area by looking for differences in material composition. While it can identify items such as pipes, voids, and soil, it cannot identify the specific materials, such as gold and precious gems. It can however, be useful in providing subsurface mapping of potential gem-bearing pockets, or "vugs." The readings can be confused by moisture in the ground, and they can't separate gem-bearing pockets from the non-gem-bearing ones".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground-penetrating_radar

It is a fairly sensitive method, but it cannot distinguish gold (so a pebble sitting in clay would look the same as a gold nugget sitting in clay).

As for the "ionising" and other detail - well......

Latest posts