Turon River NSW level status

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Lenton....Haven't been at Sofala direct with really high water but I have been at Coles Bridge on the Turon River with high water and there is quite a bit of good high level gravel there that you can sluice in even the highest flood levels....Cheers Wal.

Anyone been Hill End/Sofala area lately? If so, hows the creek and your result going?

Yes we have been there a few times no gold yet heaps of lead but hill end is a great place and we will be going back.

Sofala is a tough place, and when I say that , you need to spend some time at the pub.
That is ... For info on where to go and the looks you get the first time you ask is priceless! On first name basis with a few locals since I've been there a bit, now I go to hang out a bit, dont expect too much help . But if your detecting look at Douglas stone maps , that'll prob be the best info for area if popping by. Havnt been to hill end...
The real sofala gold is now in vegative form... If you know what I mean..
Cheers

Kingsolomon said:
Sofala is a tough place, and when I say that , you need to spend some time at the pub.
That is ... For info on where to go and the looks you get the first time you ask is priceless! On first name basis with a few locals since I've been there a bit, now I go to hang out a bit, dont expect too much help . But if your detecting look at Douglas stone maps , that'll prob be the best info for area if popping by. Havnt been to hill end...
The real sofala gold is now in vegative form... If you know what I mean..
Cheers

What is vegative form? sounds like an interesting term

Really thanks for you guys info btw.

Last week sun, mon, tues, there is about 50mm of water over the crossing. Overnight 2-3 degrees and the water is cold. Not Many there, you need woolies.

Barry

HeadsUp said:
has anyone been around the Turon in the last week and can they tell me current river levels near the campground where the bridle Track comes down to the river ?

thanx peepil
Are you heading up there soon headsup?, I'm hoping do do a weekend trip somewhere, just gotta get permission from the wifey.

slowflow said:
Hill End this past weekend 50-70 mm over the bridakl track crossing down from the long drop.

so on average there would be 12 - 24 inches depth across the river before the crossing ?

i recall vaguely the crossing is at least a foot higher than the river bed ?

I was up there last week for a day and there was heaps of water. Good luck