5 days in un golden triangle !!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I've done Linton Smythsdale Scarsdale buningyong Maldon Now here at castle main !
I have dug hundreds of holes for several dozen lead shot bullet pieces and crap ( one lovelt old button ! ) using sdc2300
I've done recently harvested pine plantations where all the old mullock heaps have been mushed by the dozers , surfaced areas creeks and mullock heaps ,I've raked acres !!
Please guys what am I doing wrong ???
Tomorrow is last day here at Castlemain then I'll hit the wineries at Rutherglen on way home to Kiama !! Help or kind words needed !!!

Youll find plenty of gold at the wineries Rob. At least itll be gold that you can drink to ease those aching muscles and get your head sorted. Looks like the south coast aint all that bad after all. Come on man, get at least one piece of that Mexican stuff to bring home. Looking forward to hearing the stories.

Best wishes to you and the coach.

Les

your doing nothing wrong its that rare you have to be lucky to walk over it all the gold in the world found to this day would fit in a 4 bedroom house

Gold is where it is and its probably 1 in 100 targets, so you can dig 1000 targets in great areas and still get none, its just the way it works . I have had gold on the first target dug and then spent 2 days and hundreds of targets without another.
Somedays you win ,somedays you loose , somedays moving to a new patch works, somedays that is the problem , staying put in a good area can pay off.
Your thoughts can become your enemy when its just one kick in the guts to the next .

Tell us some more about your set up - are you using headphones or speaker? Have you got a booster? What settings are you running?

Bigrob said:
I've done recently harvested pine plantations where all the old mullock heaps have been mushed by the dozers , surfaced areas creeks and mullock heaps ,I've raked acres !!

Normally I wouldn't rake until I'd found a piece to start with ...

Surfaced areas are my favorite spots to work with the SDC, especially around the fringes.

Bigrob said:
Ok I've done Linton Smythsdale Scarsdale buningyong Maldon Now here at castle main !
I have dug hundreds of holes for several dozen lead shot bullet pieces and crap ( one lovelt old button ! ) using sdc2300
Please guys what am I doing wrong ???
Tomorrow is last day here at Castlemain then I'll hit the wineries at Rutherglen on way home to Kiama !! Help or kind words needed !!!

Did you get to Waanyarra?, try the mullock heaps associated with shallow lead diggings at the bottom of Secret Hill.

Casper

Good luck tomorrow Rob. Get up and about early. I always feel more focused prospecting early in the day :goldnugget:

Bigrob said:
Thanks guys gave me a laugh anyway. ! Running the sdc on 5 or 4 if a bit noisy and volume on about 3-4 using headphones and without
Tomorrow's the day!!!

I don't know your area but most of us spent a lot of time on the ground before finding the first bit. From there it becomes a lot easier. It's best to start off in a place where you are quite sure somebody else was digging gold, either recently or any time way back. If others have pulled out gold from surface diggings then the SDC will find something if you are low and slow. You can't ignore any signals coming from the detector. Sometimes is only a murmur but you must scrape the surface off to see if the sound becomes more pronounced. Practice makes perfect and most of us spend a lot of time practising on small lead shot even when we don't want to :)

Settings on 5 and volume on flat out. Deeper the better. I picked up a plastic bucket handle down 2 feet , and a very very big chain holding back the wall of a old dam down 4 feet

Toughen up sunshine. Its been light for 3 hours. What are you up to man? Theres gold in them there hills. Put down your latte and get out there. The semi retired life in Kiama has softened you a little. Lol. Good luck today pal.

Cheers

Les

Got a couple of hours in this morning before rain set in , more leadshot !! Surfaced area near Chewton looked like a few lads been there before , gave it a really good slow thorough swing but no luck . Hitting the wineries tomorrow stock up on plonk !!
Will be back in January for a week ,will give give Bendigo area a go !! Thanks for the replies lads , appreciated ! Back to Batemans Bay Area with Lesgold !!

Well I cant help. I spent 7 days in the GT and got nothing! Posted this pic in another thread for a laugh.... Says it all really...
1539084749_20181001_091332_resized_1.jpg

Latest posts