C&K Metal Detecting YouTube Channel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi maybe have a look a some digging techniques especially if your around brisbane parks.And if you discriminate under 20 your missing alot of goodies..Try 14 and below....Customize park 1 for coin hunting.... :Y: :) Good luck.

Smoky bandit said:
Hi maybe have a look a some digging techniques especially if your around brisbane parks.And if you discriminate under 20 your missing alot of goodies..Try 14 and below....Customize park 1 for coin hunting.... :Y: :) Good luck.

Hey mate thank you so much for the tips. We will adjust our settings like that and see what else we can find :) we are still learning the machines but love them!

Johnson1987c said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey mate thank you so much for the tips. We will adjust our settings like that and see what else we can find :) we are still learning the machines but love them!
You will find more junk but at least you wont miss the latter 3d 6d or 20c 50c and gold sovs :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Johnson1987c said:
Smoky bandit said:

You will find more junk but at least you wont miss the latter 3d 6d or 20c 50c and gold sovs :Y:
i can never understand notching out numbers :(

as you said Smokey , you miss sooooo much :8

i know now what the crap sounds like , but i still dig it as have had lots of surprises :cool:

like the other day gridding i got a 12.27 (70's ringpull) so dug it to clear the target , it came out as a late model thrip :eek: :eek: , normally 12.24/25 on a CTX :Y:

moral is 'dig every target' :cool: from the smallest neatest plug possible :clap:

Any tips?

Yes, don't come too far south with those types of plugs and digging in that dry soil. You'd be nailed around where I am within a couple days for those atrocities.

Good luck with your hunting and videos but please learn some less extreme recovery techniques. Remember if you attract attention for poor technique not only will they ban you , they ban everyone.

ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:
Johnson1987c said:
Smoky bandit said:

i can never understand notching out numbers :(

as you said Smokey , you miss sooooo much :8

i know now what the crap sounds like , but i still dig it as have had lots of surprises :cool:

like the other day gridding i got a 12.27 (70's ringpull) so dug it to clear the target , it came out as a late model thrip :eek: :eek: , normally 12.24/25 on a CTX :Y:

moral is 'dig every target' :cool: from the smallest neatest plug possible :clap:
Hey ctx if I'm chasing coins in a modern day park the only coin under 14 tid is a 5c and a 10c piece..And I personally cant see the point digging a plug in a park for either so notching out those numbers makes sence..You may also miss a 9k gold ring but you have to go with the odds...100 extra holes for the very slim possibility of that gold ring..To me it's just not worth it.But each to there own I say....But if I'm on a beach or chasing relics then yes I would suggest digging everything. :) :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Hey ctx if I'm chasing coins in a modern day park the only coin under 14 tid is a 5c and a 10c piece..And I personally cant see the point digging a plug in a park for either so notching out those numbers makes sence..You may also miss a 9k gold ring but you have to go with the odds...100 extra holes for the very slim possibility of that gold ring..To me it's just not worth it.But each to there own I say....But if I'm on a beach or chasing relics then yes I would suggest digging everything. :) :Y:
learn to trust your ears whilst listening to the tones ;)

ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:
learn to trust your ears whilst listening to the tones ;)
:) :Y:

OldGT said:
Any tips?

Yes, don't come too far south with those types of plugs and digging in that dry soil. You'd be nailed around where I am within a couple days for those atrocities.

Good luck with your hunting and videos but please learn some less extreme recovery techniques. Remember if you attract attention for poor technique not only will they ban you , they ban everyone.

Thanks for the advice. We always cover our holes and any others we see that were left by careless people. Im not sure which video you were referring to. Some of our videos are filmed on a farm and others at parks. At parks, we are extremely careful and always put our plugs back in.

We have been watching some videos for other digging techniques in parks since the advice weve been given, but I do want people to know that we always put the plugs back in in the best manner possible.

Johnson1987c said:
Thanks for the advice. We always cover our holes and any others we see that were left by careless people. Im not sure which video you were referring to. Some of our videos are filmed on a farm and others at parks. At parks, we are extremely careful and always put our plugs back in.

We have been watching some videos for other digging techniques in parks since the advice weve been given, but I do want people to know that we always put the plugs back in in the best manner possible.

it doesn't matter whether it be a park or a paddock ;)

ctxkid said:
Johnson1987c said:

it doesn't matter whether it be a park or a paddock ;)

What are your techniques?

Cleaning Our Silvers
Heres a video of us cleaning a few of our silvers. Theres plenty of different methods out there, but this is the way we like to do it :)

I might give the Florin another clean. Thats one of my favourite coins weve found so far, and I want it to look as nice as possible.

Enjoy :)

Latest posts