Deep Cycle Battery brands, types, systems & installations

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rockhunter62 said:
Goldchaser1 said:
So how much does that 50ah retail for,do we need to be sitting down?

Reckon so Dave, :lol:

https://www.powersolutionsonline.co...sentry-lithium-12v-50ah-front-terminal-design

Cheers

Doug

holy xxxk,thats the same price as my 200ahs,i was thinking $7-800,you could have 100ah of lipo cells and the voltronic bms and solar reg with display panels i got for the same price as that 50ah battery as an example.....
much better ways to do it then that ctx kid :N:

Goldchaser1 said:
holy xxxk,thats the same price as my 200ahs,i was thinking $7-800,you could have 100ah of lipo cells and the voltronic bms and solar reg with display panels i got for the same price as that 50ah battery as an example.....
you may wish to do some more research not based on the inflated price Doug posted ;)

ctxkid said:
Goldchaser1 said:
you may wish to do some more research not based on the inflated price Doug posted ;)

$949 for 50ah,no research needed.wink wink.......

You can't generally strap LiPo4 cells with Battery Management Systems (BMS) in together as each internal BMS can't recognise the other.
Best to go for a bigger battery to begin with, with all cells controlled by a single BMS
I recently bought a 125Ah Enerdrive LiPO4 smart battery for around $1700
It is around 43% the weight of my prior 100Ah Exide Deep Cycle (saving my back big time), but has around 82% increased Ah availability.
It has the smart app showing on my iPhone (which I like).
These LiPO4s not only have greater discharge capacity, but have increased discharge cycles of around 2000+ as compared to ~300 for the deep cycle lead acids.
Their day has come, and their price will drop rapidly over the next few years.
This battery should outlive me.

ctxkid said:
Goldchaser1 said:
Strap 4 of these togethor and you have 100ah ($640),individual cells so if one buggers up its $160 not a whole new battery,one benefit of seperate cells,lipo friendly bms and solar reg is really needed though.....

https://www.evworks.com.au/calb-ca100

640 for cells
300 for a bluetooth mppt
how much is a bms ??

have you just done the math ?

just saying you dont have to spend stupid $$$ on lithium,probably about $1900 it cost us,bms,reg and 200ah of batteries,a bit extra for
wiring etc with display panels that tell you everything instantly all day,last thing i want to be doing out bush is opening my ph to check our power supply,that would drive me nuts real quick,so compared to the batteries your selling thats half the price,im not selling anything im just relaying info to forum members.....

Im liking the performance of the 100Ahr Lead Crystal battery I recently put in my vehicle dual battery setup. But this battery weighs 31.5kg, which is fine in a vehicle, but too heavy to use in a Porta-Pack battery box.
A big advantage of Lithium batteries is the light weight for capacity.
Im currently contemplating what battery & charger to use in the PortaPack. An advantage of putting a gel cell battery in it is being able to charge it from my in-vehicle dual battery system (Projecta DC-DC charger with Solar), but I want to keep it light as possible, so this means a lithium is the obvious choice, but I also have to buy a dedicated charger, so the cost adds up.
A lithium battery system like this with built-in BMS sounds like a good option to me

Goldchaser1 said:
Strap 4 of these togethor and you have 100ah ($640),individual cells so if one buggers up its $160 not a whole new battery,one benefit of seperate cells,lipo friendly bms and solar reg is really needed though.....
https://www.evworks.com.au/calb-ca100
Goldchaser1, I remember seeing you mention somewhere you put a set of those together.
What BMS or charger did you get for them? Is it a balance charger, & what did it cost?

BigWave said:
I stopped using my slide rule for a calculator back in 1976.
Even though I'm retired, I still know that technology marches on guys :eek:

sorry bigwave thats not technology thats a gimmick,so if ya phs turned off or ya bluetooth wont connect you cant check where ya power supplies at,not practical out bush if ya ask me.....