gold prospecting tours

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Do they exist in South East Queensland/Northern NSW?

A tour it is where they give you a detector, teach how to use it and let to look for some gold with an instructor per a small group. :D Seems a lot of such tours in Victoria, but I have found none in qld. Any suggestion?

There are a lot of topics about tours in WA and Victoria. No topics about SE QLD :mad:
There is only "More Trouble in S.E Queensland" about qld but it is not what I look for

Thanks, I have seen his page already. He does not have regular tours, he has "give me a ring to see if I will be in a location near you this year"

Hi iddqd. Most weekends I'm out at Karara Tavern. There's maps behind the bar , Will be setting up a testing course down near the railway station in a few weeks, different size lead, different depths. Testing nuggets will be available soon, i can show you where to go, and spend a few hours in the afternoon, Let me know a date to see if I'm there. Ward69

iddqd said:
Thanks, I have seen his page already. He does not have regular tours, he has "give me a ring to see if I will be in a location near you this year"

He also says, "I am located in the beautiful New England Tablelands of NSW - near Deepwater, and am able to offer lessons within the region. ALSO Being close to the QLD border, I am able to offer Tuition in the Talgai and Durikai Gold Fields near Warwick by appointment."

I suggest you give him a call and have a chat: he won't bite you. :D

iddqd said:
Do they exist in South East Queensland/Northern NSW?

A tour it is where they give you a detector, teach how to use it and let to look for some gold with an instructor per a small group. :D Seems a lot of such tours in Victoria, but I have found none in qld. Any suggestion?

Some even spread a few little nuggies around before you get there so you get that good feeling :D :eek: :argh:

I think u work it out 350 4 for 6 hrs not bad when u work 4 someone u only get a percentage, and grekie chargers at near 3000 dollars for 2 weeks tour ps for the first time in my life i payed for a tour (my boss did )we got to the first day he got out of the vehicle said this were detecting for the day then got his metaldetector out and way he went ,never again

A good question

I dont know of any registered Prospecting tour operators in the area you mentioned .

The Minelab dealer in Brisbane ( Brisbane Gold ) may do training days and also be able to suggest someone that does it .

Flatlander said:
I think u work it out 350 4 for 6 hrs not bad when u work 4 someone u only get a percentage, and grekie chargers at near 3000 dollars for 2 weeks tour ps for the first time in my life i payed for a tour (my boss did )we got to the first day he got out of the vehicle said this were detecting for the day then got his metaldetector out and way he went ,never again
what else did you get for 3k :(

My experience was with another tour operator , not grekie or the other fella but thats tucker and accommodation with grekie but that near 300 dollars day that buys alot of accommodation and tucker and it was close to where i live, but most are about 1500 bucks but you look after yourself

Trash said:
A good question

I dont know of any registered Prospecting tour operators in the area you mentioned .

The Minelab dealer in Brisbane ( Brisbane Gold ) may do training days and also be able to suggest someone that does it .

Yes, I found them already, but "*Please note you will need to bring along your own metal detector to the training session."

And that one, who does not bite, wants $360 for his 6 hours lesson/tour.

Anyway, I will just visit Victoria for a weekend.

Latest posts