Cash transactions becoming obsolete

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldierocks said:
Keitzy said:
I wouldnt of carried cash in my wallet in easy 12 months or so. I get no extra fees on my account using PayPass/tap and Im all for it.
Times are a changing...and personally, for the better.
You live in the city, right? Try that in Purnunu

nope, Ballarat. I said from my first msg, cash has its place but so does cashless. I Much prefer cashless, and that's the way things are heading towards. People who don't like it, welp, meh, like I said, when you get to a cashless only bakery, don't complain you cant buy a coffee and sausage roll.!

One can still take that occasionally cash job but one must make sure they still put enough money in the account etc. With the gst you'll still be paying tax , no I'm not an accountant :) I was married 26 years never had any money in my wallet , been divorced 12 years and now always have money in my wallet that'll be right they get rid of cash :N: with plastic :cool:

When I was in business I had my Visa payments go through the R&I bank (remember them?) as they were the cheapest at 3%.

What is a worry ~ all super markets check outs seem to work through programs these days & when they crash you can't buy anything ! even for Cash :(
If that happens to me I'll be walking out with the stuff telling them I will return to pay when they get back to normal .

I've been stock piling extra food for months now , mostly tinned stuff & dried .
Most of you would run out of tucker in under a month ?

Is that correct in your joint or do have enough to survive longer .

pretty sure I could go indefinately, though my coffee supply would run out in about 12 months :N:

Outback said:
What is a worry ~ all super markets check outs seem to work through programs these days & when they crash you can't buy anything ! even for Cash :(
If that happens to me I'll be walking out with the stuff telling them I will return to pay when they get back to normal .

I've been stock piling extra food for months now , mostly tinned stuff & dried .

I will just hunt my food..No worries here :Y:

Outback said:

What are saying? that if supermarkets were to close then most people would only go a month before running out of food? or in some financial meltdown most people would run out of food in a month? or both?

I know some people who could do without the extra food, maybe the way to tackle this obesity crisis after all...

OldGT said:
What are saying? that if supermarkets were to close then most people would only go a month before running out of food? or in some financial meltdown most people would run out of food in a month? or both?

I know some people who could do without the extra food, maybe the way to tackle this obesity crisis after all...

All you need to do is call a transport strike and see how quickly supermarkets run out of stock, less than half a day and every shelf is empty, including stuff you were wondering if you were ever going to sell it. Most people would not be able to survive a fortnight before running out food, let alone a month. If the internet ever went down, heaven forbid they wouldn't last an hour without their precious farcebook or twitter.

..and the likely hood of that to happen in the next 100+ years ? .... The world isn't going to end. The internets not going to die. Transport companies are not going to strike and NOT deliver food. You will not get jail for protesting. Specific governments are not going to take over the world and dictate EVERYTHING. The world is not going to crumble around your feet and it turn into an episode of mad max. Seriously people lol, what the....!!

Cashless systems are great, convenient as all hell. Cash is great as well, its the perfect barter tool.
But personally, cashless systems rock. Bank card on my phone, finger print authentication. Works a treat.! Saves me countless amount of hours doing paper work for sub contract work I do
. Sure, some people have had there card skimmed and lost coin. Some people have had remote access to there PC's and had their details knicked and used against them. But probably not even half the amount of people robbed daily at knife point, had pricks nick there wallet, break into their cars and steal there change, been scammed by Nigerian con artists. Given dodgy cheques from people you've done work for.

I think you all have watched to many episodes of doomsday preppers or something.!

Heatho said:

Awsome looks like there targeting the free love greeny hippies from byron bay,anti mining while they collect there welfare cheques which they wouldnt be entitled to if australia wasnt resource rich,wonder my sisters not in that pic,she lives up there,doesnt work,dances on the beach and claims to be in some relationship with the trees,rang me up last year,oh can i borrow some $$$,no sorry darl i get paid by a mining company,cant help ya.....

lol ... hopefully they do arrest the tree huggers or move them on ... Can u really see lonewolfs mates and the CFMEU getting a move on order or arrested as they march to the steps of parliament a couple times a year ? I seriously doubt it. Can you see 'The Knitting Nannas' getting a move on order cause there a pain in the arse. ? Yes lol

Goldchaser1 said:
They took down both world trade centres in 9/11 and the new york stock exchange was back up and running in 6 days,i just cant see us all starving to death cause wollies computer is on the blink :lol: :lol: :lol:
On the bright side...if Woolies and Coles comps went offline maybe we wouldnt have to suffer the Down Down ads.
That one with Casey Donovan was just plain scary!

Latest posts