Cash transactions becoming obsolete

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most of the Chinese take away joints are going to suffer when cash disappears as they generally don't have eftpos because that would mean having to pay more tax on turnover and income, whereas now they don't declare most of it and are laughing all the way to .... ummm, no, not the bank ..... you know what I mean.

Chinese take away joints.? Lol is that borderline racism.? All the Chinese places here (Ballarat) have eftpos.
Itd be the dodgy old Aussie milk bar round the corner from me trying to charge you a dollar for eftpos transactions and no eftpos on anything under ten bucks which you might be referring to I think.
They would definitely suffer, trying to explain all the sudden cashless transactions on there bank statements they used to be able to hide from the tax man.

l was in my local green grocers today, getting some veges. As l do not trust super market veg or fruit. There was a fairly big bloke hanging around, but not doing any thing. He was wearing a hoodie, l don't trust people who wear hoodies. As l went to the register to pay, the bloke with the hoodie pointed out to me that l bought the expensive bananas. He seemed like not a bad guy. Turns out that the eftpos was down and he had no cash, so he was waiting for the system to respond. Wait until they get 5g and the internet of things ramped up. The 5g will be deadly for our health and the capabilities of monitoring peoples every move, will be unprecedented. Then we will have the UNs, non binding agreements, with their social sustainability smog screen. Creating laws and removing our freedoms. Technology should work for the peoples benefit, but it will not do that in the long run. lt will be used against us. l forgot to mention, l don't trust politicians either.

Yup 5g will be deadly... lol maaaate. Theres no big conspiracy theory with technology and the government watching you. I think your overthinking the cash/cashless debate.

Cash society...armed robbers and crack heads paradise.
Cash has its places and so does cashless.

On our last trip to the west in 2016,a bloke came in at Norseman,and passed the comment to the woman behind the counter,at the BP that he had been stuck at Caiguna for a day because of the system had broken down and he could not use his card.
The reply from the woman behind the counter at Norsman,was I always carry "CASH"
The other problem is once your money is locked into the system,they can charge you looking after your money,rubbish you might say,well this might clear that up.
https://www.thetrumpet.com/15687-negative-interest-rates-in-europe-are-only-a-sign-of-worse-to-come

The other problem is "Bail ins" what is that,well here in Australia we have put our hand up for that.
https://www.change.org/p/stop-bail-in-law-that-steals-australians-savings

If you think this will not happen,you are kidding your self,under the fractional banking system, debt has to keep expanding or the whole system will implode.
You might think that this is "Wacko" well do your own research,the facts are all out there.
And if you take the time have a look at the pension "Ponzi" :(

https://theconversation.com/huge-pension-fund-deficits-are-a-global-crisis-in-waiting-88420

So I will finish by say that once there is no cash,the powers to be will bleed you to death,look at what we see now with banks how bad they have been behaving.
So to all those who say "Count me in" :money:

went to BOC the other day, sign said "no cash or cheque payments" the store man said its safer to not have cash ,all your details and billing are done online, now if the government wanted to ,,, they could stop printing money and use gold as a barter tool, lol,, those all for an electronic world you will play a different tune when you have had you accounts milked , you cant get online you computer wont respond etc etc etc,, theres no guarantee by the financial institutions that they will protect you is there there is a post in the forum about account milking might be better to walk around the supermarket with a card skimmer lol sell the highbanker , the bloke in front of me at woollies the other day milked them for $106 , the female watcher said "it happens all the time the moment you turn you back there gone," now who told me "they can grab you when you leave the store", no that is "bull dust"..... they cant touch you because thats assault , unlawful detainment is possibly
'an arrest" so there is a possibility of a law suite , only the Police can lawfully detain you and search you , store security is for the honest people, now my car has a woman some in the dash board , she doesn't respond sometimes then tells me how to make a phone call, and mate she s gotta be a woman, no sense of direction when i'm trying to navigate somewhere lol

My first banking experience was a little Commonwealth Bank tin money box that came with a bank book saving account, that I got when I started Primary School in 1970. I deposited 20 cents in it every week via the Commonwealth Bank rep coming to the school who collected all the kids' money and bank books, and he wrote the amount deposited in the book and rubber stamped it then gave it back to me. (You don't get service like that from them anymore!).

I saw the introduction of credit cards, plastic savings account cards, eftpos and electronic banking, and banking apps.

Typing classes were done on a manual typewriter at school. I saw the introduction of electric typewriters, and used a telex machine to send urgent messages. I saw the introduction of DOS computers, video games, photocopiers, facsimiles, and had the very first Apple computer within 6 months of it's release at my workplace, that started a 34 year love affair with Apple/Macintosh computers (and counting) with me, and I suffer at work with a PC too.

I've seen the introduction of printers and modems and email, intranet and the internet, scanners, video and digital cameras, Bluetooth, SatNav and iPads.

We had a black and white television as a kid, and went from that to colour tv, VHS video machines, DVD players, cable tv, digital set top boxes and broadband.

We had a radio and a record player as a kid, then got a cassette deck, stereo, CD player, DVD player, MP3 player and digital radio when they were all invented.

We didn't have a phone when I was a kid! We got a landline when I was seven that had a dial on it and a cord that people just couldn't help curling around their finger! Then we got the cordless phone many years later. I operated a switchboard of 60 phone lines at work, and have owned several types of mobile phones now.

I just grin when the younger generation deigns to tell the older generation that they have to learn to adapt to changes and new technology or get left behind.

Like we haven't been doing that for our entire life...

MegsyB007 said:
My first banking experience was a little Commonwealth Bank tin money box that came with a bank book saving account, that I got when I started Primary School in 1970. I deposited 20 cents in it every week via the Commonwealth Bank rep coming to the school who collected all the kids' money and bank books, and he wrote the amount deposited in the book and rubber stamped it then gave it back to me. (You don't get service like that from them anymore!).

I saw the introduction of credit cards, plastic savings account cards, eftpos and electronic banking, and banking apps.

Typing classes were done on a manual typewriter at school. I saw the introduction of electric typewriters, and used a telex machine to send urgent messages. I saw the introduction of DOS computers, video games, photocopiers, facsimiles, and had the very first Apple computer within 6 months of it's release at my workplace, that started a 34 year love affair with Apple/Macintosh computers (and counting) with me, and I suffer at work with a PC too.

I've seen the introduction of printers and modems and email, intranet and the internet, scanners, video and digital cameras, Bluetooth, SatNav and iPads.

We had a black and white television as a kid, and went from that to colour tv, VHS video machines, DVD players, cable tv, digital set top boxes and broadband.

We had a radio and a record player as a kid, then got a cassette deck, stereo, CD player, DVD player, MP3 player and digital radio when they were all invented.

We didn't have a phone when I was a kid! We got a landline when I was seven that had a dial on it and a cord that people just couldn't help curling around their finger! Then we got the cordless phone many years later. I operated a switchboard of 60 phone lines at work, and have owned several types of mobile phones now.

I just grin when the younger generation deigns to tell the older generation that they have to learn to adapt to changes and new technology or get left behind.

Like we haven't been doing that for our entire life...

I can totally relate. Mind you some of the younger generation have no idea about new technology either lol

Whisp said:
Most of the Chinese take away joints are going to suffer when cash disappears as they generally don't have eftpos because that would mean having to pay more tax on turnover and income, whereas now they don't declare most of it and are laughing all the way to .... ummm, no, not the bank ..... you know what I mean.
Hahaha that's funny mate.There a 6 Chinese restaurants in my area and not one has eftpos..Its all cash only.. :Y: Abit like all the tattoo shops :Y: :)

A lot of of small business was able to get a start because of cash, like most things it's getting harder make a start by just hard work and initiative. I personally have experience of a now large business that started from very humble beginnings in the 80's, to do it again the same way now be impossible.

thedigger said:
If you think this will not happen,you are kidding your self,under the fractional banking system, debt has to keep expanding or the whole system will implode.
You might think that this is "Wacko" well do your own research,the facts are all out there.
And if you take the time have a look at the pension "Ponzi" :(
https://theconversation.com/huge-pension-fund-deficits-are-a-global-crisis-in-waiting-88420

That link is to the British website of The Conversation. The pension fund shortfalls detailed therein are of little relevance to us in Australia, where defined benefit/guaranteed payout amounts on retirement are rare, having become increasingly uncommon since accumulation-type funds became the norm here in the early 1990s.

Keitzy said:
Chinese take away joints.? Lol is that borderline racism.? All the Chinese places here (Ballarat) have eftpos.
Itd be the dodgy old Aussie milk bar round the corner from me trying to charge you a dollar for eftpos transactions and no eftpos on anything under ten bucks which you might be referring to I think.
They would definitely suffer, trying to explain all the sudden cashless transactions on there bank statements they used to be able to hide from the tax man.

Nope Keitzy, I really do mean that they don't have an eftpos machine and will only deal in cash, I know of at least four take away places in town that only deal in cash. It certainly was not intended to be a racist remark, but the ethnicity of the owners is what it is.

Keitzy said:
Yup 5g will be deadly... lol maaaate. Theres no big conspiracy theory with technology and the government watching you. I think your overthinking the cash/cashless debate.

Print what you wrote and stick it to your wall.

You are going to eat those words within 10- 20 years.

The richest people on earth will end up owning us all through control of banks globally and control of money.

You will have your tax deducted from " the world bank" and they will mess with exchange rates every day to milk a percentage and us mere mortals will not have the right to protest or challenge it.

It will become illegal to protest , they will throw you in jail if you speak out.

The criminals will be in charge mate.

Keitzy said:
I wouldnt of carried cash in my wallet in easy 12 months or so. I get no extra fees on my account using PayPass/tap and Im all for it.
Times are a changing...and personally, for the better.
You live in the city, right? Try that in Purnunu

Latest posts