Cash transactions becoming obsolete

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jaros said:
I used to hate it as an apprentice PMG Tech. Was getting about $14.40 a fortnight.... :(
Gees Jaros I havent heard of the PMG since I was about 8 years old. My dad worked for them in Bundy back in the day putting up poles

I hired a van to do some removals last week and they would only accept credit card for payment.
Bit tough as I turned up with the $600 in cash

Guess I have to get with the times and get a credit card..

227dick said:
steelPHASE said:
In my service business, I very rarely take cash these days. In fact it costs me more money to take cash as against eftpos. The rates for eftpos for business are quite low.

This verses the time taken to go to the bank to deposit cash makes it much better for me to go cashless.
your in business and you don't like cash right find that hard to belive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are under the misconception that small business can afford to keep cash out of the system. We have bills to pay, stock to buy etc. All money needs to go through the system so we can keep trading. Long gone are the days of cash jobs on the side.

no misconception I am a very successful business owner money is money no mater how it comes droping money off to a back if I have it isn't a choir

Keitzy said:
I wouldnt of carried cash in my wallet in easy 12 months or so. I get no extra fees on my account using PayPass/tap and Im all for it.
Times are a changing...and personally, for the better.

There are benefits from a cashless society such as smacking low level crime , but also one massive downside.

A Global superpower could use leveraged financial instruments to undermine our digital currency and play us directly or through indirect tactical plays to force us to take their version of a currency and we would find ourselves enslaved to them.

We would be F*****D.

Cashless creates a vulnerability.

The definition of indirect tactical plays is when the actual enemy (lets call them Is-1) creates a "phantom enemy" who appears to be attacking us so Is-1 then comes "to rescue us" , at a price.

sometimes also called "making peter pay paul"

steelPHASE said:
227dick said:
steelPHASE said:
In my service business, I very rarely take cash these days. In fact it costs me more money to take cash as against eftpos. The rates for eftpos for business are quite low.

This verses the time taken to go to the bank to deposit cash makes it much better for me to go cashless.
your in business and you don't like cash right find that hard to belive $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You are under the misconception that small business can afford to keep cash out of the system. We have bills to pay, stock to buy etc. All money needs to go through the system so we can keep trading. Long gone are the days of cash jobs on the side.

Dunno about that. Just pocketed a couple handy Gees for time served on Monday. :money: :perfect: No tax, no gst, no child support, :N: fail to see the downside. Depends on time of year but I figure I'm anywhere from about 10c in the dollar to around 39c in the dollar better off. Believe me when I say mate everything seems to get chunks bitten out of it every day of the week, if someone's gunna waste it or spend it I can't think of a better option than me using my discretion to use it. But maybe that's just me. :playful:

Old mate got a 6k job done at a very reasonable price I might add.

I still take cash as payment not that it happens often now and I always will while it's legal tender. If I choose to buy something even a coffee and I want to pay cash as long as it's legal tender I'm pretty sure they can't refuse. It may be a hassle for some businesses but our cash/currency is printed/coined under federal license so it should never be allowed to be refused imo.

Hey very successful business owner 227 dick, my I suggest you use spellcheck in your business letters as your forum notes are not really readable.
Just sayin
Mackka

My concern is if it becomes a cashless world, what happens when the computers crash??
How do we do our transactions?? Or what if the data gets lost, wiped...gone???

Guess that is why we have precious metals for backup maybe.

I like having a mix of both, you should never keep all your eggs in one basket they say.

:D

So much for doing some jobs cash in hand..

Cash jobs help out big time when your struggling to make ends meat,

Feel it is just the government making sure that they will always get there peace of the pie...

I can only do that job if you give me a nugget and a bottle of beer hahaha,

Then you find out the nugget you just got you can not cash it in.....

Goody

On another note if society goes cashless you can bank on it your transaction fees will sky-rocket. And another important issue will be the thousands of job losses brought about by the banks not needing branches also the Mint and supply chain industries no longer required as well. To add to the pain of a cashless society with the inevitable job losses you can rest assured your taxes will head north to fund the redundancies and inevitable welfare needs.

For some it's a business decision and a smart one to use technology and free up time while reducing overheads :Y:.

Cash will always be around, but is anyone complaining, or knocking cashless businesses under 50years old.? Lol.. seems like everyone complaining isnt. .. times change, tech changes, the world changes. Adapt and work with it or get left behind.....or left coffee less when u visit a town with a cashless bakery or coffee shop.
Each to their own, but meh, saves my wallet and glovebox being full of church change.

You were right RM - while it's legal tender, they can't refuse it. If I found a place like that, I'd go to the ATM and get some cash out and tell them I don't do electronic banking - sorry! What will they do then? I guess they won't be cashless, after all. I doubt they'd say don't worry about it then - they won't be getting paid otherwise! They could always put it towards petty cash, couldn't they? Or do they not have that anymore either? I know we do at my work. What if they had to buy something that costs under $10 at the local milk bar? They'd have to use cash then... I don't believe any business can be totally cashless.

And yeah, I used to love getting that pay packet filled with cash on a Thursday afternoon. Back in the old days when I was paid $82 a week! :D

Wishfull said:
Wait for the micro chip under the back of your hand. So handy.....not.

That is sort of nearly here now, it hasn't obviously gone the electronic chip route, but rather every new born baby is having their DNA harvested at birth via blood samples taken with a heel prick test.

There is also no way of knowing if anyone else's DNA is being harvested in a similar fashion every time you attend a medical facility and either blood or other bodily fluids are involved.

Mackka said:
Hey very successful business owner 227 dick, my I suggest you use spellcheck in your business letters as your forum notes are not really readable.
Just sayin
Mackka
I was just putting a point forward and it was an honest mistake spell checker sometimes puts the wrong word in plus didn't read it before I submitted and anyhow I pay someone to do that job anyhow smart a##

Can't find a Plane with 300 people onboard, but they want to be able to track every transaction we make. Priorities of this world.

Maybe they should go chase the big companies who evade tax and monitor them more closely and leave us simple folk to continue to make ends meet the best way we can.

I like Cashless and Cash, I think each has its own purpose and can be handy and useful.

Latest posts