WA newbie to Daylesford area.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Folks,
We are in the Hepburn shire Victoria and would love to go panning in local creek beds etc. any advice on whether a tourist fossicking license or other style of license is required. TIA

G'day Sparkly welcome to PA jump on the Earth Resources website and buy yourself and anyone with you (18 & over) a Victorian Miner's Right it's valid for 10 years. Also check the EXEMPT rivers /tributaries list obviously being Exempt means No go zones after that bit of homework your good to go.

If your here for a while it'd be worth your while investing in a PMAV (Prospectors and Miner's Association of Victoria) membership and hooking up with their field trips for info and new places of interest. Best of luck with your ventures get up 10 post's and the members section will open up then you can join in the meet ups there good fun and give you new areas of interest.

Thanks everyone. Im busy checking out the lay of the land around here. Fascinating. Ill be heading up to Mt Franklin for feldspar too.

I cant think of a better way to check out our new digs ( pun intended ?).

Hi there I'm a prospector had some good finds also looking for someone to fossick for crystals I'm a FIFO worker and live in western Australia Perth would like to find some one with similar interests

Latest posts