Trip to Echuca

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm taking the family up to Echuca on school holidays to go on a paddle steamer and a look around town.
Has anyone got some suggestions where to stay? I'll have my self sufficient caravan so was thinking somewhere along the river would be nice.

Go out perracotta rd moama side it b 10 ks out there a boat ramp out there on a bend cant miss it ,i used to be filtration operater 4 moama one of paddle steamers has still got the old motor in it it does tours, other wise unhook your van out at industrial area right out in front of semi trailer builder (byfords) 5 ks on deni road pretty safe out there 4 the day

Agree with Trash - Christies Beach is a lovely spot - big sand bank on a bend - and not too difficult to get in there. The tracks in are fairly good and generally well kept. It has long drop toilets and picnic tables and seats there too.
Enjoy!

If the museum on the waterfront is still open (I would guess so as it the tourism centre) I found it throughly interesting and spent about 3 hours walking through. Between that and the port and the Holden museum that would comfortably fill in a day.

As echuca relies on tourist dollars if you intend to stay on site you best book, I haven't taken a van up but all the places I've stayed have been excellent.

There's a few nice places to eat and be entertained. I though for one have no faith in the bakery there. Moama bakery is of a higher standard. Bruburger do a great burger and the restaurant on corner of high and Radcliffe do a fantastic meal (called Ceres perhaps edit Mrs GT just told me this has now closed as I suggested we should go there soon ). Antionios will not dissapoint the Italian lover.

Echuca outdoor and caravan carry some detecting/prospecting gear including Minelab and garrett, and some amazing array of outdoor gear.

The paddle steamer you can eat on (free entry) does get busy but very enjoyable.

Not really accommodation advise but hopefully helpful. Great little town.

When my twin girls were pre teen we used to go camping at Moama every February - wonderful memories for all of us. They're now in their mid 30's and still talk about it. We stayed here https://www.truelocal.com.au/business/cottonwood-holiday-park/moama. It's probably changed a lot since then, and the agro emu (the bin nazi) who used to charge anyone that got too close to his "adopted" rubbish bins has likely passed on by now....

wonderfull memories......

casper

Is the nudie beach/bank still up that way.?
I stayed at the park just under the bridge for 6 months with work, was a close walk to the pubs and the city.
Enjoy the holiday mate.

Latest posts