topaz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got my stones today in the mail that i bought from SneakyCuttlefish . now i am no expert on gems nor on taking photos of them but they look pretty good to me .
a couple of photos for your viewing pleasure and cos we all like to look at pics rather than read words .
very impressed at the speed they got here from up north to me in texas.and thanks justin for an easy transaction and some nice stones.
johno
1536801086_20180913_105110_resized.jpg

1536801101_20180913_105515_resized.jpg

Thats some nice looking topaz you got there texta, looks like at least one light blue :Y:

Are these going to be you first project for when you build your machine?

Lefty said:
Thats some nice looking topaz you got there texta, looks like at least one light blue :Y:

Are these going to be you first project for when you build your machine?

probably not . i think it would be smarter to destroy half a dozen or more other rocks before i perform on these . i also think it would be better to at least have a few wrestles with a faceting machine before i attempt to build one . so i am thinking maybe a few trips to a lapidary club and a few lessons would be time well spent . in the mean time i can start to gather materials that i need to make a machine while i get some learnin into me.
you never know while all this is going on one might pop up at a steal of a price . then again i do like the idea of building one as a project .
johno

Latest posts