Any ideas with this one?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddiggerart

Arthur
Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook when he first found it and couldn't find any info then and now it's resurfaced, I know it really can be a pain when you have no history on a find or finds so I thought I would show it here and see if anyone else can find anything on it.

What I see is - fleur de lis + two halberds + maltese cross

1536725104_41534388_130029261284290_1923001525802631168_n.jpg

Good Luck lol :D

I would start with german as it has a maltese cross on it but the flir da lee is French ?

I have looked thru my books on german war medals which covers ww1 ww2 plus hitler youth nothing comes close maybe not military?

The fleur-de-lis or fleur-de-lys (plural: fleurs-de-lis, or fleurs-de-lys)[pron 1], is a stylized lily (in French, fleur means "flower", and lis means "lily") that is used as a decorative design or motif, and many of the Catholic saints of France, particularly St. Joseph, are depicted with a lily. Since France is a historically Catholic nation, the fleur-de-lis became "at one and the same time, religious, political, dynastic, artistic, emblematic, and symbolic", especially in French heraldry.[4]

i think The Lily is in the centre if you have a close look

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fleur-de-lis

My bet is English, both the flour-de-lis (prince of Wales) and the Maltese cross are common regiment emblems.

Come on guys and girls who is going to be the first to find out what this is
Someone out there must have some idea so lets all look and put photos up and a description of what it is
Or are you all going to leave it to the same few of us that look for things
Ok the challange is out there lets do it ]:D ]:D

silver said:
What about those mickey mouse ears top centre lol.
and the 60 dots representing time ! :eek:
Good imagination there! I see a crown and decoration.....(crowns, fleur de lys and maltese crosses often occur together in badge, medal and pendant designs). In the eye of the beholder I guess...

goldierocks said:
silver said:
Good imagination there! I see a crown and decoration.....(crowns, fleur de lys and maltese crosses often occur together in badge, medal and pendant designs). In the eye of the beholder I guess...

Those are likely to be ostrich feather plumes - another common heraldic element.

ChrisD said:
My bet is English, both the flour-de-lis (prince of Wales) and the Maltese cross are common regiment emblems.

nup! ... the fleur-di-lis is a symbol of the former French Royal throne, and the prince of wales badge is not a fleur-di-lis(meaning Lily) but 3 ostrich feathers emanating from a coronet (a minor crown)

casper

grubstake said:
goldierocks said:
silver said:

Those are likely to be ostrich feather plumes - another common heraldic element.

yep ...........they are ostrich feathers

casper said:
grubstake said:
goldierocks said:
silver said:

yep ...........they are ostrich feathers

This is what I saw as a crown - having trouble seeing them as ostrich feathers:

1536804305_capture.jpg

Actually, I see that ostrich feathers and a crown are often combined, so perhaps so:

1536804799_capture.jpg

Latest posts