The Blitz is on in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
227dick said:
shakergt said:
When the police become mechanics or do a course that helps them to identify what is legal and what's not then I do not think they should be issuing defect notices. Some of these companies that produce these aftermarket extras or parts spend millions of dollars on research and development before they release products to the market. Take ARB for example. Yes there are some cowboys out there who do go over the top but I am sure most four wheel drive owners will do the best in their ability to keep their rigs legal and on the road. Once again it is a small minority who has stuffed it for the genuine people.
you have to remember rules regulations and law =police main roads and places like arb are not a good example you walk in there with $5000 in your hand they will sell you anything you want and tell you everyone else is doing it and tell you how good it looks and yes some people have to go over the top even tyre shops will sell you rims and kick ass tyres without batting an eye lid about what is legal and someone not even trained can see that the 4x4s that they are targeting don't comply

ARB might sell you the goods but they will not fit them if it makes your vehicle illegal.

nucopia said:
Kool so i shouldnt have an issue driving in Qld ...

Only if im not working the Border that day.. ;) . Gotta protect our 'Lands'.... and football trophies. :trophy: ... :cool: Just Joking.. O:)

You will have no issues if your 4x4 is Legal in NSW, and going by what you have said, It is....

A lot of States are trying to sort these 'Rules' out... Just like LED Light bars... Mostly sorted now... well sort of anyhow...

The Advise My mates got from the Lawyer today was 'Do nothing' ... The Cops won't have a leg to stand on if any of this went to Court... There have been so many Complaints about this and We should see some Proper 'Direction' real soon... The Lawyer they saw, was the fellow on the news up here last week saying that the current laws are NOT clear between State and Federal on what is and what isn't allowed and he has made it very clear to the Minister... Who agrees with him....

50mm lifts are ok with a 25mm increase in tyre/rim size.....Work with-in the Law and you will have no issues.... My 4x4 has a Factory 40mm lift and these 'Cops' didn't know that until the 'Inspector' from Transport told then that I was correct and my 4x4 is OK.... Thanks to Bogger, I can now prove it... and these Cops have been Trained in this..... Yeh right...

Take what Simmo has put up to a lawyer and you have will no issues I recon.... Perfect example of the left not knowing what the right hand is doing... This just gets better and better... :mad:

LW....

maybe some shops one of my old workshops was next door to arb toowoomba I have seen alsorts of 4x4s come out of that shop big statement to say they wont fit if its illegal a lot of the 4x4s I have quoted on this week so far were done at arb and a lot from tyre shops

the real thing is I have a standard landcruiser been up the cape out west running around the family property out to the gold fields tow a boat and a van even my race car factory bull bar and spot lights don't get stuck go everywere a lot of the after market addons are just a waste of time look at me crap

I think the main concern with the blitz is safety lonewolf but not what we are perceiving here is self preservation for safety but safety for others should also be considered. When I got hit by a car I rolled up the bonnet hit the windscreen and I was okay but had of been a 4wd I was mash.

Shopping centre carparks are full of weekend warriors in the burbs that don't even go out on weekends and have unfortunately made it impossible for the legitimate users to comply.

regretfully I can see where the cops are coming from.

hey gem in I calling them weekend warriors just because they own a 4x4 is a bit harsh if they want to own one that's their choise and if they don't use it as a 4x4 that's their problem in the last 2 hours about 20 adds on tv selling 4x4s if you polled what car would you buy if you had the funds I think 4x4s would win hands down my wife drives a 4x4 and has never driven on a dirt road most people have them because they suit their family you might have to get used to the fact this country drives a lot of 4x4s

I agree to a point Gem n I... Imagine being a Barina driver and you got hit by a 6'' lifted Nissan :poop: troll with 35'' tyres.... The bull bar would be somewhere between the window sill and the roof.. Not a good outcome..... but that's life... Should we get rid of trucks cause they sometimes kill people too?....

I drive a 4x4 cause a barina won't suit my needs.... each to their own.... Beep beep... :koala:

LW....

Gem in I said:
I think the main concern with the blitz is safety lonewolf but not what we are perceiving here is self preservation for safety but safety for others should also be considered. When I got hit by a car I rolled up the bonnet hit the windscreen and I was okay but had of been a 4wd I was mash.

Mate you need to re-evaluate your whole level of thinking, I have heard the same argument over the bulbar debate,, Here's a couple of things to bare in mind, a Ford Fairlane weighs as much as the larger 4x4's and a falcon or holden weighs as much as the average 4x4 and so does a VW Touran and a BMW sedan or a Jag or a 1971 Valiant for that matter, they are all about the 1700kg and so are Vans and buses also have flat fronts, so vehicle height does not come in to it, Roads are meant for Vehicles to travel on Not People and if a person goes in to their territory then that is a chance you take, It's the same with swimming in the surf and Sharks..

But here is the bottom line, It does not matter if you get knocked Ass over head by a 2 ton Truck or a 2 Ton Feather Duster if it weighs 2 Tons then it's going to hurt no matter what it is made of, My brother owns a VW Touran and it weights a good 1800/1900kgs my 4x4 weighs around 1600/1700kgs,

Hmm.. interesting read, no lift, no stability control, just widened by 200mm and tell them I'm an outback gardener :pickshovel: .. but they have to see me first :playful:

1536788881_gardening-tools.jpg

I really don't understand what the hooha is.... so they're blitzing four-wheel drive, for legal mods blah blah blah blah... next week it'll be hoons in their RX7 blah blah blah blah... then they will be on the truck drivers for whatever reason blah blah blah blah blah... and then I'll probably start on four wheel drives again...
S***, every time there's a competition at LandCruiser park there was a Blitz on four wheel drives as they driving up and back though Kilcoy.. as for having roadworthy checks every year... pointless !!! All thats going to happen is the same piece of the s*** are going to be on the road and we're all going to be out of pocket a roadworthy certificate and whatever administration fee to governments going makers pay.. it will only punish the honest ish people. ;)

I'm with you Cando
Nothing has changed it's just a blitz..
Last month it was bike riders..
A few months ago cops were pulling over people towing without an approved safety shackle..If youf rig looks over the top..(mainly high lift kits ) than expect to draw attention to yourself. :Y:

Sorry I didn't use some softer words for some of you :lol: but a different perspective sometimes as to the why of things has to get out there sometimes to move forward.
Insurance companies are the big winners out of this no matter whether your in the burbs or the bush.

I do love 4wds i'm not jealous just very impractical for everyday shoppers (yes their right and choice) now everyone in qld is under the spotlight of 4wd safety and regulation. Must be extremely hard for owners to be legal I minute and gone the next.

Hopefully this makes enough people angry to get a federal compliance sorted.

Gem in I said:
Sorry I didn't use some softer words for some of you :lol: but a different perspective sometimes as to the why of things has to get out there sometimes to move forward.
Insurance companies are the big winners out of this no matter whether your in the burbs or the bush.

I do love 4wds i'm not jealous just very impractical for everyday shoppers (yes their right and choice) now everyone in qld is under the spotlight of 4wd safety and regulation. Must be extremely hard for owners to be legal I minute and gone the next.

Hopefully this makes enough people angry to get a federal compliance sorted.

Yep they are the only winners in this for sure,

I prefer 4x4's because they are big but that is because I have had to sleep on the jobsite for up to 6 months at a time and I tried it in small hatch back cars and a Land Rover freelander and that was hard on the body so since then I have always owned 4x4's that are big enough to sleep in, If they are not 6ft long in the back with a bit more if the front seats are moved forward then I won't buy them,

At one time I had the freedom of choice but as work had me going bush or places without power or access then a 4x4 became a must have Item. Sure I like them and I do miss the fun of a good street Machine but common sense tells me 4x4, But If I could get a 4x4 van or Land Rover 101 Ambulance or Radio Van or something big enough to live In then I would not be driving a normal 4x4,

This is a Land Rover 101 In it's many forms,

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=l...-7bdAhULXsAKHavpBgMQ_AUICigB&biw=1301&bih=532

Latest posts