The Blitz is on in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree with you RR down here i can get a pink slip for $20 more then the set price and a Blue slip for $50 more so if they bring that rule in then they will achieve nothing in my opinion except make the dodgie ones rich
in the last 6 months 3 have been busted down here giving unroadworthy veh a pink slip
they have had their licence cancelled and given a very large fine
i look at it this way is it worth putting your or someone else family at risk just because they are so lazy that they dont keep the maintenance up on their vehicle
the Turtle may not look much but i can tell you it is checked every 5k for problems and repaired if there are any
my mate who is a mech of 40+ years and helps me is very pedantic about safety and will not let me take the Turtle on the road unless it is safe

aussssie battler or not I wish they would bring in yearly inspections in some of the junk which is on the roads today is a joke I see cars that should not be on the roads and to put it nicely cant afford don't have and most vehicals if properly maintained don't cost that much I think of it as that piece of s@#t that you see driving down the road has an accident and kills your family how would you feel ?

227dick said:
aussssie battler or not I wish they would bring in yearly inspections in some of the junk which is on the roads today is a joke I see cars that should not be on the roads and to put it nicely cant afford don't have and most vehicals if properly maintained don't cost that much I think of it as that piece of s@#t that you see driving down the road has an accident and kills your family how would you feel ?

Mate Bringing in such a thing won't change a thing all it will do is move the blame from where it belongs to a third party persons as well as make them rich. I know this for FACT because I live where the exact same system is in place already and it does not work and I can go and buy an RWC in the morning if I want to break the law but I don't, And I have already had 4 members of the family wiped out because of an Idiot in a car.

loosing members of your family is sad and sorry for your loss and those who do the wrong thing by supplying rwc on the sly should be jailed the unfortunate thing is we live in a unperfect world which allows for this in every aspect to do as they please and only a very small few get caught but that also doesn't give any praise to people who look for these places to get dodgey rwc

You have to look at these people who supply dodgy RWC in the same way you would drug dealers, They don't see any further than their profit line and it is all about the numbers, They don't care if a kid OD's and they don't care if a Truck skids off a crowded street,

When I bought my Mitsubishi Shogun/Challenger last year, When I had owned it a couple of week I found it had been supplied with a dodgy RWC so I took it off the road and deregistered it with the intent of fixing everything and getting it back on the road, But then I got sick so I have had to put it on hold for now, I only have about 2 small jobs to do and it is all done, One is the NSF wheel baring wants adjusting and the other is the rear muffler needs replacing and possibly the NSF Tyre might need replacing due to the edge wearing because of the wheel baring.

Smoky bandit said:
LoneWolf said:
So many People think just because your 4x4 complies with the State Rules that it is Registered in, Its good in other states too.... WRONG.... Your Vehicle must 'Comply' to their rules, whichever state you happen to be in..... Insurance is a massive worry and they will scrub you real quick when the time comes for a claim in an illegal 4x4... The Assessor who inspected my 4x4 in Jan questioned my 'lift' of 40mm... Till I showed him that is a 'Factory' 40mm lift... He even measured my Tyres.... Lol...

There are so many Led Light bars on top of the Bull-bars and rod holders fitted to 4x4's up here, they are having a Ball picking on Everyone...
I have been told if you loosen the Rod holders and turn them over so they are behind the Bar that this is allowed... Somehow I don't think so, as it's still above the Bull Bar... But I could be wrong...

LW.....
I got a warning for rod holders on my bull bar about a month ago.....No fine....But was told by the police no need to remove but to turn it around.

IIRC the fail for rod holders on bull bars in NSW is/was if they protruded past the front of the bull bar.

Cool Mr Magoo... :Y:
Thanks for that Bogger, very handy...... :Y: :Y:
Were all those enquiries from SE QLD Bogger?.... :D ........

I will call you this week Bogger and 7.62... Still can't talk properly.... :awful:

I don't have rod holders on my Bar as I don't go fishing anymore..... I go fish feeding. :lol: ... Hard to catch something decent around here if you are a land based fisherman.....

Mate bought a :poop:trol 6 weeks ago with a 'passed roady' out Ipswich way... 3 brakes worked just, 2 bald tyres, cracked windscreen right in front of driver, Fuel leak and a cracked frame... Has cost him twice the purchase price to fix so far... and he keeps finding new things that shouldn't have been passed..... Makes you wonder.... :(

LW....

He wants to but if he does, his car will be put off the road so he has 'reported' it to them and now is fixing everything, before going to see them for their Inspection....

I know what the outcome of this will be.... But you can't tell some... Im sure they will find lots of things and put him off the road...

LW....

have seen this many times the person who passed it should get the bill main roads wont take it off the road they will give the rw station the choice to fix then find them and give you 14 days to fix which will be at the rw stations expence

After his past run-ins with Department of Transport, He is very afraid of them.... Personally I would have never bought it if it was me....

Plainly obvious that it was a doctored roady....

LW...

In Victoria

I bought a car that had been given a bodgy roadworthy, took it to my mechanic and he pointed out about 10 failures and he sent me to a roadworthy tester (my mechanic doesn't do roadworthy testing) I took it back to the seller and said fix the problems, he had a mate do the roadworthy (via phone?????) and got all upset when it came back. He fixed all the problems to avoid his mate from loosing his testing licence. Ken.

a few of my clients have been pulled up and given 14 day notices nothing has been mentioned about hooning laws and some of these 4x4s have been jacked up big tyres and so on the big thing is don't piss the cop or dept transport bloke off by carring on they can let you drive home or put it on a flat bed a lot depends on attitude even tho we dislike cops they are only doing what they are told to do I even have some cops as clients and they drive modded up 4x4s to

When the police become mechanics or do a course that helps them to identify what is legal and what's not then I do not think they should be issuing defect notices. Some of these companies that produce these aftermarket extras or parts spend millions of dollars on research and development before they release products to the market. Take ARB for example. Yes there are some cowboys out there who do go over the top but I am sure most four wheel drive owners will do the best in their ability to keep their rigs legal and on the road. Once again it is a small minority who has stuffed it for the genuine people.

shakergt said:
When the police become mechanics or do a course that helps them to identify what is legal and what's not then I do not think they should be issuing defect notices. Some of these companies that produce these aftermarket extras or parts spend millions of dollars on research and development before they release products to the market. Take ARB for example. Yes there are some cowboys out there who do go over the top but I am sure most four wheel drive owners will do the best in their ability to keep their rigs legal and on the road. Once again it is a small minority who has stuffed it for the genuine people.
you have to remember rules regulations and law =police main roads and places like arb are not a good example you walk in there with $5000 in your hand they will sell you anything you want and tell you everyone else is doing it and tell you how good it looks and yes some people have to go over the top even tyre shops will sell you rims and kick ass tyres without batting an eye lid about what is legal and someone not even trained can see that the 4x4s that they are targeting don't comply

All this is all fair and Square and YES People have been done under the Anti Hoon Laws. Why? cause it's an illegally Modified Vehicle... Read the link I put up explains more and lots of advise if you do happen to get caught up in this... I know of 2 that have been fined and now have a mark under the Anti-Hoon laws...Get caught 2 times in 5 yrs and its bye bye car.... These 2 fellows saw a lawyer today after getting pinged on the week-end.... So I will know how they got on tomorrow.... Should be a pretty simple case to win in Court with ALL the conflicting Rules...

Keep your 4x4 legal and you will have no issues..... Simples.... can never understand why you would need a 6'' lift when your diff is still at the same height anyhow..

Must be a size thing id say, Something like Mines Bigger than Yours Perhaps.... :rolleyes:

LW.....

LoneWolf said:
can never understand why you would need a 6'' lift when your diff is still at the same height anyhow..

Must be a size thing id say, Something like Mines Bigger than Yours Perhaps.... :rolleyes:

LW.....

Portal Axles RULE yeah baby, Mans Stuff, :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

1536674728_mercedes-unimog-1.jpg

In the NT we have yearly inspections which is a good thing,cause I want to know if my car has any issues before I head up the highway,it stops a lot of the death traps you can encounter,I think all caravaners/rubber necks should have to go over a weigh bridge like trucks do, some of the vans you see today getting towed by cars is ridiculous, they would be way over their towing limit,I say defect them on the spot, they have got away with it for too long

Latest posts