The Blitz is on in QLD

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I like the second post.

I think it is great to get unroadworthy vehicles off the road. It would be great if they did this in VIC too. That way people with roadworthy tyres/lifts would be able to drive more trails instead of having to deal with trails ripped to shreds by the '5 inch lift & 35 inch tyre' brigade."
End quote

If someone has illegal mods then get stuffed and stay off the roads is what I say.

Theres plenty of 4x4 trails (or what used to be) in nsw that are basically erosion in progress , un maintained and torn to shreds by modified 4x4s. They banned highbanking and its done alot less damage to the bush than the 4x4 brigade .
I have no problems with the modifications if done saftely :Y: they look good ,but its the bogans behind the wheel and they fact that the chew the guts out of public trails so a standard clearance 4x4 has zero chance.
I dont think a fine will dampen their spirits , especially the ones that buy a $50k 4x4 then spend another $30k on it only to go thrash and bash it through scrub mud and rocks like its only worth $5 bucks.

Occasional_panner said:
I think it is great to get unroadworthy vehicles off the road.
I think they should introduce Compulsory Annual roadworthy checks for every vehicle before registration is accepted.
My vehicle would be landfill 18 years ago if that were the case - and prolly plenty of others would have joined it.

moeee said:
Occasional_panner said:
I think they should introduce Compulsory Annual roadworthy checks for every vehicle before registration is accepted.
My vehicle would be landfill 18 years ago if that were the case - and prolly plenty of others would have joined it.

Won't argue that point :Y: Problem is and where the system fails ..................... you can take a vehicle to 5 testers for a RWC and you will probably get at least 3, if not more different lists :8 So until that issue / problem is sorted probably not going to achieve a real lot :/
Have witnessed this a zillion times over the years :awful:

Spot on Bogger, you can go to a 'Local' here and get ball joint flips passed.... After you have been to other places that won't pass your 4X4.... This needs to be fixed... One of the Mechanics there, has a late model Triton that has a 6'' lift and 35'' tyres.... And that is their 'Work' Vehicle.... Thought it was him that was in the video till I was able to see the writing on the side properly..... :rolleyes:

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Well im back on Deck.... :)

IMO its about time these Cowboys were reigned in.... and get these Illegal 4x4's off the road... The Cops have been hitting the Coast pretty hard the past few days.. I saw 3 separate 'operations' yesterday alone....

https://www.pradopoint.com.au/forum...e-qld-police-blitz-on-4x4s-and-caravan-towing

Victoria had a similar blitz 4 or 5 years ago concentrating on Easter and other holiday long weekend traffic heading to High Country destinations. It made a big impression the hoon brigade and generally we don't see those monster tyres and giant spotties mounted atop bull bar hoops anymore. I have wittnessed interstate drivers acommpanied with family pleading with the VICPOL Highway Patrol to allow them to procede - but the answer was a firm NO!

The lucky ones were those who only had to remove the offending 10 inch spotties and fishing rod holders (the latter, I believe are legal now).

casper

So many People think just because your 4x4 complies with the State Rules that it is Registered in, Its good in other states too.... WRONG.... Your Vehicle must 'Comply' to their rules, whichever state you happen to be in..... Insurance is a massive worry and they will scrub you real quick when the time comes for a claim in an illegal 4x4... The Assessor who inspected my 4x4 in Jan questioned my 'lift' of 40mm... Till I showed him that is a 'Factory' 40mm lift... He even measured my Tyres.... Lol...

There are so many Led Light bars on top of the Bull-bars and rod holders fitted to 4x4's up here, they are having a Ball picking on Everyone...
I have been told if you loosen the Rod holders and turn them over so they are behind the Bar that this is allowed... Somehow I don't think so, as it's still above the Bull Bar... But I could be wrong...

LW.....

Lot of fine print to cover ................. I believe light bars can be on top of bull bar as long as below bonnet line. But then there is also specs on height of light, relation to centre line of vehicle etc.
Handy link ....................... print out your vehicle ADR / Specs and carry them in vehicle could save the day? Police not being engineers or vehicle experts will wipe you if in doubt and then let the vehicle examiners sort it. Was advised same for firearms, in fact they even sent me a file to print out re carrying regulations in vehicle. If questioned show requirements, tick off each one on list is complied with and your on your way. :D Mind you one must present the documentation in the right manner .............. there is not really a nice way to tell them they are wrong :argh: :eek:

Another interesting point which may also effect many, suspension mods and changes that are not allowed on a passenger vehicle compared to a 4x4 .......... very different. Then what's allowed on a 4x4 or all wheel drive ( soft type ) is two different things again also.

Link below will give you standard ADR's for your vehicle using your CPA number

http://myrta.com/rvd/searchRVD.do

Bogger said:
moeee said:
Occasional_panner said:

Won't argue that point :Y: Problem is and where the system fails ..................... you can take a vehicle to 5 testers for a RWC and you will probably get at least 3, if not more different lists :8 So until that issue / problem is sorted probably not going to achieve a real lot :/
Have witnessed this a zillion times over the years :awful:

you are right there I own mechanical workshops and I can go over vehicles after my blokes do an inspection and also get different results the standard in qld is pretty average and main roads also over ride some of our rwc if you go into their office and have a good cry and so on but one of the big problems is the parts suppliers they will sell you anything and tell you it is legal the internet sales will also tell you legal in your state or hundreds have done this mod and they don't get picked up but if you do any mods keep your old parts eg tyres rims springs etc because if you get caught and a lot do I charge a lot to sourse the standard parts to refit and standard stuff can be hard to find at a drop of a hat when you need your car back on the road

Did RWC's for years ................... gave it up as got sick of arguing with customers "can't you just let it go" ...................... Nope ]:D
227 I'm sure you can relate to that one ;)
Re standard parts ..................... have had a sudden rise in sales and queries regards standard suspension parts and wheels over the weekend :eek: :D :D

we had a big race meet out in Ipswich about 3 weeks ago and have been flat out with defect notes ever since and all want to argue with me about it but when that happens the price doubles but all the local bridgestone and tyres and more do mods on 4x4s they strip the tyres and rims go in the scrap bin springs go to and so on and I know your frustration about arguing with customers their are some days you think is it worth it (lot of experts out there with no idea and cant be told)

LoneWolf said:
So many People think just because your 4x4 complies with the State Rules that it is Registered in, Its good in other states too.... WRONG.... Your Vehicle must 'Comply' to their rules, whichever state you happen to be in..... Insurance is a massive worry and they will scrub you real quick when the time comes for a claim in an illegal 4x4... The Assessor who inspected my 4x4 in Jan questioned my 'lift' of 40mm... Till I showed him that is a 'Factory' 40mm lift... He even measured my Tyres.... Lol...

There are so many Led Light bars on top of the Bull-bars and rod holders fitted to 4x4's up here, they are having a Ball picking on Everyone...
I have been told if you loosen the Rod holders and turn them over so they are behind the Bar that this is allowed... Somehow I don't think so, as it's still above the Bull Bar... But I could be wrong...

LW.....
I got a warning for rod holders on my bull bar about a month ago.....No fine....But was told by the police no need to remove but to turn it around.

smokie as far as I can read in my main roads mod books the law in qld states holders must be on the left hand side and only fitted when carrying fishing rods with all hooks and sinkers removed and if they interrupt your vision they must not be used and a max of 4 rods on the holder that is all it has on holders but in another section it states if a mod demmened unsafe causes a death or injury you will be prosicutited which who knows what that means just a nother way of saying watch out I guess if that helps

moeee said:
Occasional_panner said:

Having had to do that for quite a few years now, I am telling ya that is the last thing you want to be bought in to force, People are here now expressing their dismay over these checks, If they bought in a 12 monthly RWC it would cause even more problems, and then there are places that you can go to and buy a RWC certificate under the counter so to speak, So what you end up with is the GOV making money out of it and the Garages to and then the Guys who will just write you one out for an agreed price, So it all becomes one big Scam so you might as well leave it as it is, Because those who would break the law will continue to do so regardless of what new scams the government bring in. and the only one it hurts is the Aussie battler.

Latest posts