Cooran (Qld) Queensland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys very new to fossicking... I have access to 25 achers at cooran south of Gympie. There is a creek running through the property. Creek flows.. Would it be worth having a pan around that area. I dont know enough about how to pick an area to pan. Just started educating myself with YouTube:)

Thanks in advance

the best way is if it looks good run a few pans and see what you get if you get nothing move some where else
just keep trying is the best way
Cooran is at 6 o clock so it will give you an idea what is around that area
it is up to you to find out what areas you are allowed in and what areas are out of bounds

1536201817_cooran_qld.jpg

Awesome work Marksman!
Keep watching you tube, read the threads on these pages there is a vast amount of information here.
Just learn how to prospect! Trial and error is the best way to learn because your out there doing it.
Matt T

As 7.62Marksman said, look up on Google to see if and where there was any gold mining activity and think about which creeks the gold would have migrated to and then do some test pans. Now as a beginner you may not know where the best spots would be to do your test pans, so don't be discouraged initially and think that there is no gold. Once you've learned where the gold should be, then revisit the creek and try again. I have been to creeks and been disappointed at first, only to try again in a different spot or deeper and be rewarded. You may not find gold in EVERY creek, but over time you will get some.

I live on the north coast of NSW and do find gold, and whilst the creeks are not as rich as they are in the renowned gold fields further south, it's still a good day out in the field.

thanks for the advice guys! Where do i get that map marksman? That looks like a winner, Has it helped you out much?

yes it has helped me a fair bit just cut and paste this into ebay

GOLD MINES NUGGETS LOCATIONS GPS WAYPOINTS GOOGLE EARTH minelab detector 4 X 4

just so you know i do not work for or have anything to do with the guy that sells this and you get it at your own risk
i will say he does help if you have a problem just ring him

Latest posts