Just how good is this ?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So Kato and I have been out with the family and she has been getting in some good time swinging.

A recent discovery of a healthy 1800's producing site had her pull a few coins including a 1918 Florin, and just yesterday her first target (3 minutes)
was a 9ct piece of GOLD jewelery 8.(

BUT today we dropped into an associate of mine and had a good chat, what is it with some people ??!!

The guy just listened for a while about Kato's adventures and he said "Wait a minute I have to print something".
He coughed up some 1952 maps that show all the Country Rail Stations and 'lines' in SA, at the PEAK of their construction and extension which is also the time
that these Stations were starting to be abandoned and tracks pulled up.

Along with that he is going to provide Building and Layout plans that cover any Towns / Station Buildings built by SA Railways, that she wants to explore at these Station sites.

I never ever considered using his knowledge for Kato's addiction, but now that he has made her aware of his knowledge as a resource.......
I think we will be doing some serious exploring in the near future. ;)

He has also been telling her about collectible things that are "Railways" involved.... a whole new area. :awful:

How good is that !!??

:Y: :gemstone:

Cheers, GH

Congrats on the silver and gold finds.
will be great to see some sovereign finds come to light for ya's :D
:power: :cool: :Y:

Thanks guys.

Kato has still got that bug bad and we are discovering new sites while she is trying to focus on school too.

This opportunity for the Rail sites is huge, there are hundreds of stations on the line map, and to be able to locate buildings
where they once stood even though no structures are there now, and know their exact structure from the site and construction plans.
It's special.

Camping trips galore.

I feel like I have to give up my ACE 250's and get some better technology for myself. :eek:

I have been detecting a few train lines around Moonta, Kadina, Wallaroo SA etc. Been getting some decent finds.

Best thing to do is work out where the old camp sites are from when the train tracks were built and the distance in between the camp sites. We have been finding old bottles, jewelry and coins along tracks.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=434395#p434395

Most of my detector finds are from areas with train tracks right next to them.

Martin said:
I have been detecting a few train lines around Moonta, Kadina, Wallaroo SA etc. Been getting some decent finds.

Best thing to do is work out where the old camp sites are from when the train tracks were built and the distance in between the camp sites. We have been finding old bottles, jewelry and coins along tracks.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=434395#p434395

Most of my detector finds are from areas with train tracks right next to them.

Sounds like you are onto it Martin, the camp sites are a great idea, I will ask my friend about those for Kato.

Latest posts