Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Mine Labs GM 1000 which gets great reviews and seems an awesome machine to me but just no success to date :( .

Is it better to hunt in remote locations where few have been, or is it just a matter of being lucky enough to paint where every brush has missed?

See if you can get a tagalong with someone prepared to take you out to a site where they may know and are prepared to share - but don't hold your breath.

Hi Ben Bigo, well it looks like you know how to get your post count up to ten so you can access the members only section. You should be able to get some more info from there now. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Doug

Something you could try or maybe already have , is get a tiny split shot and bury it a centimetre deep in the ground and see if you can detect it.
If you can find it , then cut it in half and bury it again.
Keep cutting it in half until youcannot find it any mare.
Then get a piece the size you found a bury a few in a few area and try find them all.
Once you know how to find them , then you are ready to say you went somewhere and there was definately no gold there.

having said that I do not have a gold detector , but that is whatI would do if I did.

Rockhunter62 said:
Hi Ben Bigo, well it looks like you know how to get your post count up to ten so you can access the members only section. You should be able to get some more info from there now. Welcome to the forum.

Cheers

Doug

Thanks Doug :)

moeee said:
See if you can get a tagalong with someone prepared to take you out to a site where they may know and are prepared to share - but don't hold your breath.

Thanks moeee, that would be great. I'll keep an eye out for the opportunity. I am going to join a club as I expect they would be helpful to new members :)

Ben Digo said:
I am going to join a club as I expect they would be helpful to new members :)
Yes - being in physical contact people with interest in similar pursuits is much more likely to generate assistance , unlike the Internet where newcomers are treated with suspicion.

Welcome Ben,
When you have a bit of spare time, grab a drink and snack, sit back and use the Search function and read read and read. There is a lot of info in many threads. If you have 20 questions, you'll probably find the answer to 15 of them pretty quick!
Sounds like you're putting in the effort so results surely can't be too far away! All the best

Just changed my avatar to a pic of my great grandfather who was born in Heathcote.
The family moved there from Adelaide to "make their fortune" but I don't think it worked out that way.
Nonetheless, I have been up in that region today. Did I get any of the yellow stuff? Well...no. I still haven't cracked it.
Oh well , I'll just have to keep at it.

Ben Digo said:
I am going to join a club as I expect they would be helpful to new members :)
You have just joined a club (P.A)welcome Ben Digo,I have found people here to be more than helpful,regardless of what some others think.

Latest posts