A Few Of Guessologists Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well done getting permission to hunt a mouth watering thought for 2019 you should turn up some nice silvers and :D

Off to a good start on your new permission, thought your dog tag was a holed coin for a minute. If you follow the iron on those older sites, it can reveal previous areas of habitation - has worked for me in the past. ;)

I just made my detecting goal for 2018 - filled my cheapy eBay 60 coin book with predecimals with a final four coins from the vineyard. That is if you count the fragment of British half penny...

1546391203_img_20190102_120531_404.jpg

Not many finds since the new year, mostly retreading old areas before sunrise. The button looking thing is aluminium, and came from the same gully as the 1873 threepence (says SCHUTZE ENGLAND UNIVERSAL PATENT). I think it's probably a bag seal, can't find any info online about the company. 1912 was not the date I was expecting on that penny when I cleaned it either...

The super dry ground is killing me, it's clear that I'm only getting non-ferrous signals on objects within 1-2" of surface with the go find, very different to winter. At least I'm not digging deep holes in the heat! Equinox is coming in the next couple of weeks which should be a game changer.

1548101012_1912.jpg

I'm having a bit of a win with the area where the previous 1912 penny came from, it's not an obvious spot for any kind of past activity any more, all bush, but 100 years ago it was clearly a different story. Turned up a couple more coins this morning before sunrise, on the back of enthusiasm carried over from yesterday when I managed to snaffle a token which was only down about an inch. Awesome site, it's pretty heavily mineralised ground but on the positive side there's no trash except for .22 bullets so a dig everything policy isn't too frustrating.

1548274033_1907.jpg

1548274050_190710.jpg

1548274081_pp1.jpg

1548274094_pp2.jpg

Sorry about the spud quality photographs, my phone needs an upgrade badly.

Your 1910 thrippy is nicely offset. :cool:
great finds mate
:Y: :cool: :Y:

Cool leg band, was the pigeon still attatched? :8 I also have problems with mineralization and rusty crap, and I'm a sucker for punishment so i alwsys switch over to all metal mode to see just how much I'm missing!

Jaros said:
How far out was it?

Actually not as far as I thought it was in my head, "only" about 100km..

Dave79 said:
was the pigeon still attatched? :8

No sign... With enough effort I could probably find out who owned the bird; modern band numbers are listed on the net but don't go back to the 80s-90s.

goldtrapper said:
Coins abound in those rusted out Kero tins. :)

Hah yes, I bet but I get irrationally angry when I get a 4/4 signal on the go-find and look down to see flat iron now. Is it true you can notch out the top TIDs on the equinox to help with that? Couple more weeks and I can finally afford it...

Bumping up the iron bias works pretty well on the nox and you'll be amazed at how the recovery speed finds stuff. Little swings in all metal once you get a high target and ignore the jumpy numbers.

Latest posts