Help identifying this insignia/symbol

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Hoping to get some help identifying this piece of interesting jewellry. It clearly seems to be an insignia of some sort, but of what exactly? Found in a park established in 1920s/30s.
1535436495_20180828_153724.jpg

1535436527_20180828_153711.jpg

1535436564_20180828_153734.jpg

Thanks.

The letters may be an R with an I overlay, if you google RI you get a number of explanations
Real estate Institute
Toastmasters badge etc

It's a monogram badge... a monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company and used as recognizable symbols or logos.

I think it could be a member badge of the IOR, otherwise referred to as the Independant Order of Rechabites Friendly Society.

casper

casper said:
It's a monogram badge... a monogram is a motif made by overlapping or combining two or more letters to form one symbol. Monograms are often made by combining the initials of an individual or a company and used as recognizable symbols or logos.

I think it could be a member badge of the IOR, otherwise referred to as the Independant Order of Rechabites Friendly Society.

casper

No! I'm not a member but probably should be :)

https://collections.museumvictoria.com.au/articles/2071

I will put this out there just to see what is said
I think it is RR and i belive it may be a
Drum roll please
Vintage Rolls Royce lapel pin/button pin
Now to prove me wrong someone will have to find out what it is and put said proof up with a picture
(I have been looking for hours)
Ok boys and girls prove me wrong i dare you
Please don't be shy shoot me down

7.62marksman said:
I will put this out there just to see what is said
I think it is RR and i belive it may be a
Drum roll please
Vintage Rolls Royce lapel pin/button pin
Now to prove me wrong someone will have to find out what it is and put said proof up with a picture
(I have been looking for hours)
Ok boys and girls prove me wrong i dare you
Please don't be shy shoot me down

I have seen this monogram and font before - look at the order that the characters are arranged the I is uppermost, the O next beneath, and the R lowest.

looking for a reference atm......

Only one R

but for your interest in the interim see https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...AhXWQd4KHam7B-0Q7Al6BAgDEA0&biw=1880&bih=1135

casper

Latest posts