If You Could Only Have One GPX4500 coil

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FEG finally came through and I got whats owed so a treat was in order. Popped for a GPX4500. Dilemma now is I want one more coil but so many choices :( . What I have at the moment is the 2 standard Minelab 11 inch Commanders, a 14 inch Coiltek Elite, a14x9 NF Adv (shared with the TDI Pro).
Looking at either a 12 inch NF Evo, the new 12x8 Evo or a 14x9 Evo. Prospecting areas are around Warwick, northern NSW and maybe Clermont.

Decisions Decisions..................

Hi Feral,

A bag full of coils looks impressive but its only the coil thats strapped to the machine that will find you gold. Id be asking myself the question.... what do I want from this coil? Do you want something for large deep gold? Do you want something that will pick up the small pieces? Do you want something that can work in confined spaces? Answer that question first and this will narrow your choices. The coils that you have would cover most bases already. The 14x9 and 12 Evos are both good coils but you already have a 14 coiltek. If you chose one of those you would end up with a coil that does not get much use. Perhaps a 12x8 would be a good coil if you wanted to grab some of the smaller pieces. Its quite sensitive and would fill a gap in what you already have. Anyway, thats just a thought. Im sure that there will be heaps of different options out there. You just need to be happy with your final choice. Good luck with it all.

Cheers

Les

Latest posts