Hello from UK

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I regularly detect in UK, both recreationaly and assisting commercial and academic surveys. Many years ago I did half a days detecting out of Marybourough and did get a small nugget which I treasure as much as 2000 year old gold coins found in UK.

I've joined with the idea of returning back to OZ for a trip, revising old haunts and perhaps having a crack at detecting again and seeing how my skills transfer to local conditions.

Jaros said:
Welcome to P.A Jungleuk. How much time do you have--it's a BIG place.

With good behaviour I reckon I could get a 2 week pass, thankfully I've seen a lot over multiple trips including driving all around the coast which kept me busy for a year.

In UK I don't detect to sell finds and the one time trip would be more about the challenge, experience and excitement of hearing a signal.

Welcome jungle,quite alot of tours available especially in west oz if ya want to experience the outback and find a few bits of gold,some are a bit pricey but with only a cuppla weeks to spare youd be straight on the ground detecting more or less.....

Hi and Welcome.

1535114677_welcome_1.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
Welcome jungle,quite alot of tours available especially in west oz if ya want to experience the outback and find a few bits of gold,some are a bit pricey but with only a cuppla weeks to spare youd be straight on the ground detecting more or less.....

Yes, with limited time I'm sure I would benefit from training on a GPX machine. I would have my Deus with me for working old sites amongst the iron if opportunity arises. Balance to be struck in keeping costs down but not loosing days driving the large distances.

Looking like internal flight from Perth to kalgoorlie, hire a truck and machine, 3 days training and give it a go.

Still looking at options and advise welcome.

Costing exercise competed and its hard to justify for a 2 week trip. Looks like a longer trip is needed, perhaps half or whole season but then buying/selling transport becomes a complication.

Has anyone done reciprocal trips? I have accommodation, transport, spare Deus and good permissions in Wiltshire, Hampshire, Norfolk and Suffolk. Commercial digs are also available.

Latest posts