ring thing

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
making myself one of them ring mandrel/sizer/trivet things .
johno.
1534937050_20180822_201810.jpg

yeah going to maybe make some of them dies too if i can get the sizes from some where . just some thing to do when its to hot or wet to swing the terra.not that its been either of those here lately but it will be .
johno

7.62marksman said:
Have them as well mate if that helps
do you have any way of getting accurate measurements off those dies , or do you want to sell that gear and if so how much dollars would want.
johno

WOW I like that taper attachment! Yes it is very hard to control 2 handle same time to make taper! Very very good!
I want one!

caparobertsan said:
WOW I like that taper attachment! Yes it is very hard to control 2 handle same time to make taper! Very very good!
I want one!
they make em to fit most lathes mate . though hard to find for some lathes i was lucky and got onto 2 of them one for me and one for a mates lathe. course you can cut short tapers just using your compound slide . most lathes are built so that the compound travel is long enough to cut a morse taper to suit the taper of that machine . so for instance if your machine has a number 3 morse taper spindle your compound should have enough travel to make its own tooling .i made a few morse blanks and a collet chuck for my lathe before i got this taper attachment .
this taper i am cutting now is 310mm long though so way way longer than a compound can cut plus can cut using the power feed so set it up whack it into feed and step back until the cut is done with a nice even feed . .
johno

Latest posts