Exploration Licenses Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One last question before I venture off on my maiden voyage with my GPX 5000. I've been looking at different locations on Geovic, and it seems just about everywhere I look there are "Current Mineral Exploration Licences", made evident by a blue EL followed by a number. Can I use my detector in one of these areas? Or is it only "Current Mining Licences & Leases", and "Current Prospecting Licences" that I must stay away from? I seem to be having trouble finding some Crown Land in the area I want to go to where there aren't a whole heap of EL overlays.

You can prospect on any EL mate. its the ML you'll need permission (written)

I better edit that. You still can't go on private land and National park land.

WoooHoo! Thanks OldGT. For a moment there I was getting worried. There's one number that seemed to have dibs on just about everything and anything from Dunolly through Rheola to Kingower! The ML's by comparison seem quite small and I'm more that happy for them to have their little slice of Pie. It just suddenly seemed all too impossible for a moment there. Thanks again for your help! :Y:

That's ok, got your edit. I'm happy for folks to have their private land, and I have no problem with National Parks. As long as I can swing my GPX in State Forest and other Crown land I'll be happy to comply. Thanks again

Latest posts