1935 penny

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
texta said:
the more i look at this 1935 coin the better it gets . it actually feels sharp around the rim and the "ONE PENNY " , so i dont think i will mess about trying to clean it , i have got one side looking a bit better.
johno
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/192/1534303171_20180815_131416_resized.jpg

that looks ok i'd leave it as is. some rough looking coppers clean up alright, this 1912 i thought was nothing great turned out a beauty.

1534310411_img_20160428_220557.jpg

1534310440_1461850154389.jpg

hAyyoUinAU said:
Smoky bandit said:
With the average tumbling process of copper coins you will always get a slight shadow effect around the letters.The ss shot wont clean those areas unless you are using chemicals or scrubbing with a toothbrush or something similar during the process.
So it is quit easy to tell if a copper coin has been tumbled by the average tumbler :Y:

You are using the wrong shot my friend.
227Dick knows what I am talking about.

Just ask him. Anyways believe what you believe.
:D :Y:

hAyyoUinAU said:
AussieChris said:
227dick is tickling our butts with a feather, that 1912 is outstanding and still has a lovely patina, really would like to know his secret! If he did tumble them he is a master of timing.

hAyyoUinAU, have you ever tried the tumbling media made from corn husks?

Dick uses the same tumbler and medium as me. I actually sold him some shot. Its a special mix of shot.

No I have not, but will investigate that. Thanks
Dosnt work any better than anyone else's camp :Y:

227dick said:
Smoky bandit said:
With the average tumbling process of copper coins you will always get a slight shadow effect around the letters.The ss shot wont clean those areas unless you are using chemicals or scrubbing with a toothbrush or something similar during the process.
So it is quit easy to tell if a copper coin has been tumbled by the average tumbler :Y:
use the right shot and every part of the coin is clean every part
Dont look like it mate..well from the pics anyway..
Hay yous special shot mix..lol :Y:

silver said:
ctxkid said:
Ha.... not the same dated coins there kid 8) :lol:

he posted the photo :p :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i'm commenting as it is a top job done ;) :Y:

the right medium to use to clean is still a bit of a mystery to me but :)

i used to as a 6yr old polish my pennies for an eternity with brasso and fine s/wool to get no where near that shiny 8) the photo is like reliving my childhood :cool: :cool:

Smoky bandit said:
227dick said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smoky, you are a complete clown mate. Always with the idiocy.

Why don't you take your negativity and doubts and go play on facebook or something.

Or maybe leave your smart arse remarks for in person and come tell me how good you are and know it all.

All I have done is try and give people useful advice, not smart comments. And doubting everyone and everything.

This would be the 3rd or 4th time you have started your garbage. Keyboard warriors.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Smoky bandit said:
227dick said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smoky, you are a complete clown mate. Always with the idiocy.

Why don't you take your negativity and doubts and go play on facebook or something.

Or maybe leave your smart arse remarks for in person and come tell me how good you are and know it all.

All I have done is try and give people useful advice, not smart comments. And doubting everyone and everything.

This would be the 3rd or 4th time you have started your garbage. Keyboard warriors.
If you look threw all the posts you have ever replied you are the clown mate.lol :Y: Just look at this one :Y: ;)

That 1935 penny is in very fine condition. I can see it has eight pearls showing. Please do not clean it up any more as a coin dealer or someone like me will not touch it. My Collection is very valuable. I am a serious collector now collecting varieties. I have all the key dates 1923 half penny $3,500 ,1925 penny , 1930 Penny $35,000 etc. I have every coin minted by Oz between 1910 and 1964 in my collection . Yes it is kept in a bank vault.

To all those who find coins in the ground. It is okay to wash them to get the dirt off them but the ones I have seen on this thread that have been " tumbled" to clean them means that the coin is now virtually worthless to the serious or trained coin collector like me.

I have been collecting coins all my life to and I have every year of the pennys and half pennys and they are all in found condition I have had other so call expert coin collectors look at them and there is only a few worth anything not $35000 which would be a unused coin so your figures are a bit over the top and really I would melt it down before selling it anyhow

Hi 227 dick

Here is the price list for 1930 pennies. Went to Downies auction site and got this link that they use. Mine is just a bit under VF it is rated aVF or about very fine.

https://www.allcoinvalues.com/australia value.html

1923 Australian Halfpenny value
VG $1,300
F $2,125
VF $4,250
EF $15,750
aUnc $36,250
Unc $70,000+

well you wont pull a vf coin out of the ground and I can get 3 1930 pennys off gumtree for $30 bucks but they are only worth what anyone wants to pay half the time there scratched while digging them out or hit by a mower but going on about the coin is virtually worthless that's just how it goes but mine cleaned coins look fantastic in my finds book

Latest posts