1935 penny

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Very nice :Y: but you can tell they have been tumbled.
227s penny still has a nice patena to it..Though It could just be the photo :Y:

What do you mean you can tell they have been tumbled?????
Doubt that. Except for the fact I have already stated tumbling is how I clean my coins.

Tumbling will not mark or damage the coin, so leave no tell tale signs of rubbing or abrasion. So you can't tell just by looking at it.

Anyways, people asked, and they got. That is how we do it?

Smoky bandit said:

A mild Patena is easily achieved by not tumbling as long. The pics I uploaded were a full clean.
I think its a photo/lighting thing

hAyyoUinAU said:
Smoky bandit said:

A mild Patena is easily achieved by not tumbling as long. The pics I uploaded were a full clean.

ebay here i come ]:D thinking i need a tumbler :cool:

hAyyoUinAU said:
[img=...]https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1534282173_20180520_173308.jpg[/img]

how is did the afters tumble for to get this result please ??

hAyyoUinAU said:
Smoky bandit said:

What do you mean you can tell they have been tumbled?????
Doubt that. Except for the fact I have already stated tumbling is how I clean my coins.

Tumbling will not mark or damage the coin, so leave no tell tale signs of rubbing or abrasion. So you can't tell just by looking at it.

Anyways, people asked, and they got. That is how we do it?
Well when you've tumbled as many pennies as I have you can tell :Y: If you keep practicing you to will be able to tell one day :Y:
:i was asking 227 how he cleaned his penny as on close inspection it doesn't look tumbled...and if it was I'm interested to know how he did it . :Y: Y:
Though as I said it could just be the way the photo was taken :D

ctxkid said:
hAyyoUinAU said:
Smoky bandit said:

ebay here i come ]:D thinking i need a tumbler :cool:
I got a cheap KT -6808 tumbler for $59 delivered on eBay, lots of the same for $70-$80 and was at my door In 4 days #262771962363 item number

ctxkid said:
1534291754_1534282173_20180520_173308.jpg

how is did the afters tumble for to get this result please ??
Ha.... not the same dated coins there kid 8) :lol:

ctxkid said:

It is very easy, and I have explained the procedure in another topic on here about cleaning coins.
It is not rocket science, very simple, the longer you leave the coins in, the cleaner they will get.
Also the more frequent you clean the water, the faster they will clean up.

The keys are, use good quality mixed stainless steel shot, water with a pinch of detergent (OMO Liquid) and if you want a new look, just a half cap of CLR.
The CLR is only for copper coins, for Silver and Gold, water and soap is all you need.

Also if you clean the coin too much and want to get a nice patina effect, it is quite easy as well. But I won't reveal all my secrets. lol
Google knows tho

With the average tumbling process of copper coins you will always get a slight shadow effect around the letters.The ss shot wont clean those areas unless you are using chemicals or scrubbing with a toothbrush or something similar during the process.
So it is quit easy to tell if a copper coin has been tumbled by the average tumbler :Y:

227dick is tickling our butts with a feather, that 1912 is outstanding and still has a lovely patina, really would like to know his secret! If he did tumble them he is a master of timing.

hAyyoUinAU, have you ever tried the tumbling media made from corn husks?

the more i look at this 1935 coin the better it gets . it actually feels sharp around the rim and the "ONE PENNY " , so i dont think i will mess about trying to clean it , i have got one side looking a bit better.
johno
1534303171_20180815_131416_resized.jpg

Hey Texta looking good :Y:
Rubbing vaseline and let it soak for 12 or more hours then use a tooth pick or wooden kabarb sticks to scrap around the coin to remove all the crusty bits works well .You may have to repeat the process few times to get it as good as it will get.:Y:

Same subject different person, do you guys use vinegar for old coins or just spendable ?
I got a tumblr but havent used it yet..

Smoky bandit said:
With the average tumbling process of copper coins you will always get a slight shadow effect around the letters.The ss shot wont clean those areas unless you are using chemicals or scrubbing with a toothbrush or something similar during the process.
So it is quit easy to tell if a copper coin has been tumbled by the average tumbler :Y:

You are using the wrong shot my friend.
227Dick knows what I am talking about.

Just ask him. Anyways believe what you believe.

AussieChris said:
227dick is tickling our butts with a feather, that 1912 is outstanding and still has a lovely patina, really would like to know his secret! If he did tumble them he is a master of timing.

hAyyoUinAU, have you ever tried the tumbling media made from corn husks?

Dick uses the same tumbler and medium as me. I actually sold him some shot. Its a special mix of shot.

No I have not, but will investigate that. Thanks

Smoky bandit said:
use the right shot and every part of the coin is clean every part

Latest posts