Interesting Reading

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
madtuna said:
Seems like the Kung-Flu has been confirmed in NSW.
Now correct me if I'm wrong but the normal flu kills thousands every year...so why is this one so special when it's only knocked off maybe a hundred or so?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01...-case-australian-as-china-toll-rises/11900428

Ominus video footage captured in China reveals how the Chinese are either being fumigated or exterminated by their very own government as a result of a flu.

https://www.intellihub.com/chinese-...C0VpUeS0MXB2upnqizb2kNw#.XipxUPkQLbQ.facebook

Per capita MT. If the flu knocks off thousands per year with our somewhat resilient immunity I think the kungflu can potentially cause a lot more shedding of the population being pneumonia spread as easy as common cold.

If the only treatment is antibiotics

1) Won't take long for a shortage.

2) resistant strain has a higher probability of occurring.

Being a virus antibiotics would be no good unless there was also a secondary bacterial infection too?
It appears at this stage no antiviral medications have been effective against it but they are still trying them.
MT I think they get a bit excited about it because it's a new strain of a common but usually not deadly virus. It's an unknown as far as treatment, spread (how far it will) & possible outcomes (number of deaths). At this stage it looks like most other viruses hitting those with low immunities - pre existing health conditions & very old/young age.
There have been other deadly strains of caronavirus (SARS & MERS) that in the scheme of things didn't turn out as bad as they thought they would.
Don't know why this ones so special but see the media shitheads use of the word "unprecedented" is going into overdrive again :rolleyes:

Why are antibiotics given for pneumonia ?

I agree they are no good for viral.

Possibly the other mers and sars didn't spread as easy.

Pneumonia is an infection caused by bacteria, viruses or fungi. There are different types of pneumonia & from what I know only bacterial pneumonia is treatable with antibiotics?
This current strain of the caronavirus does/can lead to pneumonia (secondary ailment) so antibiotics would be given in the case it was bacterial. They still won't stop or kill the virus.

There is no treatment and the Hospitals don't want to be full with People with it....

Ban ALL Movements In AND out of China. Not just an area.. Best way to Control it... It takes 14 Days for Symptoms to Show... Therefor, All those with it, can run around any Country in the World during those 14 Days... Spreading their Germs... And the Virus...

We have one suspected case here on the Gold Coast... God knows where He/She has been... :mad:

LW...

Latest posts