Looking for someone for hints and tips

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi
Iv just started in the hunt for gold. Im based on the sunshine coast and iv got the gold bug. Im looking for anyone to help me out and steer me on the right path. Iv set myself up with a 4WD and camper trailer so i can go anywhere off the grid. Iv only been out a few times 8 days no gold yet :(
I have a garret ATX and already read the garret vs minelab topics. Not interested in getting into the politics i believe if you understand your machine whatever it is and your on the right ground you will find gold.
Iv done lots a research have maps and books but there is only so much you can read, i need real life experiences reading grounds and approaching land owners for permission.
2 of my trips have been to cleremont nice place, but extremely busy on the gpas.
I may have an opportunity to get on some private property in mt Morgan ill find out in the 3-4 weeks if i get on. Im happy to share ground with the right mentor. Im pretty green as iv been in the corporate life for the last 10 odd years, but getting a real appreciation and respect for the bush how amazinging peaceful !!!!

Im also interested in sluicing thinking of building one im pretty handy and have access to full fab workshop. If anyone has any designs id love to get my hands on some or go out out with someone and do the digging just to learn.

My work is flexible so i can go out pretty much anytime with a weeks notice.

If feel like some company and teaching a newbie a few things id love to hear from you, i will go anywhere in Australia..

I cant wait for that first little piece of Gold.

Regards
Leigh

Tgd.... you sound like you could teach most on here a thing or two..... :eek:
welcome to the..... F O R U M..

Thanks silver.
Was so excited a few weeks, was in a riverbed faint signal dug about foot finally got the target out went and got my wife thinking it was our first bit of gold.

Was a 50mm bit of steel post. Found a belt buckle, stirip, about 10 lead shoots and 4 or 5 bits of tin.. got so excited each time lol

Persistence is the key.

Cheers