Gold Claw Pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mudgee hunter said:
It's pretty hard to beat the 15" Garret super sluice pan (opinion)

The gold claw looks pretty quick compared to the other pans, I havent used a Garret super sluice, do you think the garret would be as fast?

I'm yet to see one person on YouTube who reviews it then use it as their "go to pan". Garrett, $5 black and metal are the go tos I use.

my go to pans are the garrett gold trap for cons clean up,gold trap or super sluice for test panning :perfect: (as mudgee hunter said ,get the classifier with it

Yea a lot of people have said the gold claw is good but they usually only use it to do a clean up, I have got one coming so will give it a good try out.

Gimp said:
I'm yet to see one person on YouTube who reviews it then use it as their "go to pan". Garrett, $5 black and metal are the go tos I use.
??? Not enough info, do you mean the claw, or the Garret, is not their no# 1 pan?

Chris from Vogus Prospecting uses one and seems to like it.I think Gold Claw probably sent them to him to try out.Bit of free advertising for them.

Think it could come back to volume in ways as well.
Nothing wrong with a smaller pan when doing crevice work.
I did buy a small garret pan, and not that impressed with it actually.
I just don't like how it has such a small base surface area to scale of its size.

i first got the garrett kit, 10" pan, gold trap and classifier then got the super sluice later on, found the same as you mudgee hunter, not enough surface area in the base of the small pan ,may be all right for pickers,but the fine gold i get here it is to much of a hassle :beer:

Hi all first-time post :)

Wondering if there's an online retailer for them in Aus? I just ordered one from amaXXn.com.au and the seller looked like it was Au-based fair enough I thought, then of course oh no it's shipping from USA...I pop a quick query over to them asking about the shipping...and...I kid you not - first time ever. They've posted it to AUSTRIA...I applaud them for making what I thought was just a gag a real thing.

So getting refund from that one, looking to buy as local as possible this time!

Latest posts