De Beers will need a bigger shed.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gilly47 said:
Did they say if there is any Sapphs there as well???

I think sapphs are a bit shallower, coming from a region about 65km down. One for GR.

Gilly47 said:

It wouldn't be the first time in history something like that happened. Amethyst was once a very valuable gem until the deposits in South America were uncovered. Even amber was up there in value.

Mr Magoo said:
Gilly47 said:

It wouldn't be the first time in history something like that happened. Amethyst was once a very valuable gem until the deposits in South America were uncovered. Even amber was up there in value.

Yep, true that.

Though I don't think the price of diamonds will be threatened by this discovery any time soon - mining at 200km deep in temperatures probably between 800 - 900 celsius could prove just a too challenging for the foreseeable future :)

Lefty said:
Mr Magoo said:
Gilly47 said:

Yep, true that.

Though I don't think the price of diamonds will be threatened by this discovery any time soon - mining at 200km deep in temperatures probably between 800 - 900 celsius could prove just a too challenging for the foreseeable future :)

Mmmm. Possibly. But when I read the article I couldn't help but think of this scene @ 1.19. :D

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/b4xhvlatCoQ[/video]

Hmm - rubies, emeralds and diamonds all together in the same host rock might be just slightly inaccurate but I did like the movie :D

Hmmm might be time to get one of those GER DETECT. ( diamond hunter devices) and a long handle shovel :money: :party:

Latest posts