Gems In Central VIC??

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So! I ran away from work for a little while today, found a gorgeous creek to try my hand at some gemstone hunting - awesome excuse not to work for a few hours but someone needs to tell me what i'm meant to be looking for??!!! haha

What gems can I find around the Bendigo area???
1379157658_1278038_615175471838817_305571383_o.jpg

I'm surprised one of the VIC guys haven't already chimed in to answer this one :/. Unfortunately I don't know the area so can't really comment but I'm sure someone will be along soon enough to help you out. Maybe your hooks and spiky chairs has scared everyone away? :lol:

hehe. have found a few interesting things from this spot. I just dont know if anythings worth keeping or not LOL

hi m8 in vic not much at all but go up near crop and rockchester and theres lodes of red jasper allso in the golburn river aswell if you don't mind traveling theres allso some blue topaz locs and smokeys in the strathbogies our club is going up there this yer to find the blue topaz if you would like to come along pm me and ill give you meet place time etc :D allso if your ever down wongdong way near killmore vic ill show you my very own fossil spot i found if your interested m8 :)

You will get gems around creswick and a few around ballarat.
A big concentration of gems is down around dolly's creek near Elaine.
If you research the mineral formations gems come from, cross reference to that
out on the ground and search intersection rivers, creeks etc youll
be a jeweller in no time. :)

Hunting the yellow said:
hi m8 in vic not much at all but go up near crop and rockchester and theres lodes of red jasper allso in the golburn river aswell if you don't mind traveling theres allso some blue topaz locs and smokeys in the strathbogies our club is going up there this yer to find the blue topaz if you would like to come along pm me and ill give you meet place time etc :D allso if your ever down wongdong way near killmore vic ill show you my very own fossil spot i found if your interested m8 :)

Sounds awesome :)

Latest posts